Mock news presenting/reporting teams

What a brilliant line-up you have there.

Although it must be said that Basil resigned from Weekend Sunrise to spend more time with his family in Perth - is it worth making the full-time move east again?

Also for the same reason, Monique Wright stepped down from The Daily Edition and now only focuses on Weekend Sunrise.

With Nathan Templeton taking up weekend sport on Seven News Melbourne, that would leave David Woiwod as the only Melbourne correspondent/reporter on Sunrise. Do we promote him to “correspondent” rather than “reporter”, or do we get someone (say Laurel Irving) replace Templeton as the main correspondent?

1 Like

I’m not sure if Ann Sanders would be doing less days (I assume she is kept there because of her familiarity with Sydney audiences.)

4 Likes

That depends if reporters/presenters in Melbourne would like to do more or dedicate themselves to Sunrise. If he will be the only one reporting from Melbourne on Sunrise, feel free to name him a correspondent.

1 Like

I still had Ann doing the Morning News four days a week as she currently does, plus The Morning Show news updates, so it would be a pretty long day if she also did the afternoon news most days, and only gave her Sydney’s 4pm news on the Thursday as there was no one else really, (because in what I had Michael Usher’s working days would be Mon, Tue, Wed, Fri & Sat, ruling him out) and she is already familiar in the 4pm timeslot in Sydney.

Is there no one else to carry that out? (I do see you’re using the current Sydney Afternoon News/Morning News formation there, however I think Ann Sanders should be kept on the morning and afternoon news)

Today if they continue with no sports presenter:

Weekday:

Hosts: Karl Stefanovic and Allison Langdon
News/Sports: Alex Cullen
Weather: Belinda Russell
Entertainment: Brooke Boney and Richard Wilkins

Weekend:

Hosts: Tim Davies and Rebecca Maddern
News/Sports: Jayne Azzopardi
Weather: Lauren Phillips
Entertainment: Lara Vella (she deserves a permanent role on Today IMO)

Today Extra:

Hosts: David Campbell and Sylvia Jeffreys
News: Whoever is rostered on the Morning/Afternoon news

1 Like

7NEWS ADELAIDE PRESENTERS RUN BY ME (SB)

Weekdays:

Presenter: Rosanna Mangiarelli

Sport Presenter: Tom Rehn (Little known fact: Tom was hired by Terry Plane at Channel 7 Adelaide)

Weather Presenter: Amelia Mulcahy

Weekends:

Presenter: Mark Mooney

Sport Presenter: John Casey

Weather Presenter: Gertie Spurling

2 Likes

I have taken another crack at the Seven presenting team.

I have added in some hypotheticals to make it more interesting, for instance Natalie Barr relocating to Perth to replace Susannah Carr, Sam Armytage leaving Sunrise, David Brown being relocated to Adelaide, Nathan Templeton relocating to Sydney to present Sunrise sport, amongst others.

Seven Early News
Presented by Angela Cox.

Ange will present this bulletin, read the news on Sunrise, and news updates on The Morning Show.

Sunrise
Co-hosted by Monique Wright, alongside David Koch (Mon-Thu) and Matt Doran (Fri). News presented by Angela Cox. Sport presented by Nathan Templeton. Weather presented by Sam Mac. Entertainment is presented by Edwina Bartholomew.

Monique seemed like the obvious choice as co-host since I have Nat relocating to Perth and Sam leaving Sunrise. Kochie to work four days as usual now, covered by Matt on the Fridays. Angela Cox and Nathan Templeton join the Sunrise team in News and Sport respectively. David Woiwod and Laurel Irving will become the two primary Sunrise correspondents in Melbourne because of Nathan’s departure.

The Morning Show
Presented by Larry Emdur and Sally Bowrey (Mon-Tue) and Kylie Gillies (Wed-Fri). News Updates are presented by Angela Cox, backing it up from Sunrise.

I have Kylie co-hosting Weekend Sunrise, so I decided to go with Sally Bowrey to fill-in for her 2 days a week on TMS, I think Sally is great in these sort of shows and has good chemistry with Larry.

Seven Morning News
News is presented by Ann Sanders (Mon, Tue, Thu, Fri) and Sally Bowrey (Wed). Sport is presented by Mark Beretta (Mon-Thu) and Jacqueline Felgate (Fri). Weather is presented by David Brown.

I have changed the news presenting roster on the Morning News & Sydney Afternoon News slightly, since Sally Bowrey’s days off would be Thursday and Friday, and since she’d already be doing The Morning Show on a Monday and Tuesday, I gave her Wednesdays to present. David Brown will present weather from the Adelaide studios and Jacqueline Felgate presenting sport on a Friday from Melbourne. Mark Beretta will still get national exposure by presenting sport on the Morning News 4 days a week.

Seven News at 4
National bulletin (Melbourne & Adelaide)
News is presented by Jacqueline Felgate (Mon & Fri) and Mike Amor (Tue-Thu). Sport is presented by Sean Sowerby (Mon-Thu) and Andrew McCormack (Fri). Weather is presented by Jane Bunn (Mon-Thu) and Melina Sarris (Fri)
Sydney
News is presented by Ann Sanders (Mon, Tue, Thu, Fri) and Sally Bowrey (Wed). Sport is presented by Mark Beretta (Mon-Thu) and Mel McLaughlin (Fri). Weather is presented by Sally Bowrey (Mon-Wed) and Angie Asimus (Thu-Fri).
Brisbane
News is presented by Kendall Gilding. Sport is presented by Shane Webcke (Mon-Wed) and Pat Welsh (Thu-Fri). Weather is presented by Tony Auden (Mon-Thu) and Paul Burt (Fri).
Perth
News and Weather are presented by Samantha Jolly (Mon-Thu) and Amelia Broun (Fri). Sport is presented by Basil Zempilas.

Seven News
SYDNEY
Sunday-Thursday: News with Mark Ferguson, Sport with Mark Beretta, and Weather with Sally Bowrey (Sun-Wed) and Angie Asimus (Thu)
Friday-Saturday: News with Michael Usher, Sport with Mel McLaughlin, and Weather with Angie Asimus
With David Brown relocating to Adelaide, Sally Bowrey will present Sydney’s weather from Sunday to Wednesday and Angie Asimus from Thursday to Saturday.
MELBOURNE
Sunday-Thursday: News with Peter Mitchell, Sport with Tim Watson, and Weather with Jane Bunn
Friday-Saturday: News with Mike Amor, Sport with Jacqueline Felgate, and Weather with Melina Sarris
BRISBANE
Monday-Friday: News with Sharyn Ghidella & Max Futcher, Sport with Shane Webcke (Mon-Wed) and Pat Welsh (Thu-Fri), and Weather with Tony Auden (Mon-Thu) and Paul Burt (Fri)
Saturday-Sunday: News with Katrina Blowers, Sport with Pat Welsh (Sat) and Shane Webcke (Sun), and Weather with Paul Burt (Sat) and Tony Auden (Sun)
ADELAIDE
Monday-Friday: News with Jane Doyle, Sport with Mark Soderstrom, and Weather with David Brown
Saturday-Sunday: News with Rosanna Mangiarelli, Sport with Bruce Abernethy, and Weather with Amelia Mulcahy
Amelia Mulcahy shifts to Saturday and Sunday weather to make room for David Brown on weeknights
PERTH
Monday-Friday: News with Natalie Barr & Rick Ardon, Sport with Basil Zempilas, and Weather with Samantha Jolly (Mon-Thu) and Amelia Broun (Fri)
Saturday-Sunday: News and Weather with Angela Tsun & Tim McMillan, and Sport with Adrian Barich

The Latest: Seven News
Presented by Melissa Doyle (Mon) and Michael Usher (Tue-Thu)

Weekend Sunrise
Co-hosted by Matt Doran and Kylie Gillies. News is presented by Sally Bowrey. Sport is presented by Simon Reeve. Weather is presented by James Tobin.

Seven News at 5
News and Weather are presented by Angie Asimus. Sport is presented by Mel McLaughlin (Sat) and Mark Beretta (Sun).

1 Like

I could see most of this working out fine, but Natalie Barr replacing Susannah Carr is ridiculous (no offence). And it would also depend if David Brown would be willing to move to Adelaide and Nathan to Sydney.

1 Like

With all the top name presenters/reporters they’ve lost in recent years, loosing David Brown is perhaps the very last thing Seven News Sydney needs right now.

3 Likes

That’s true, it would be quite ridiculous if Nat went west to replace Sue. It was more me trying to think of an unlikely alternative (being Nat replacing Sue) when Sue retires one day, but I reckon Rick Ardon presenting solo will be the likely outcome.

Both these points are very true, Sydney definitely does need David Brown on board for weather and yes it would also depend if Nathan wanted to move to Sydney

2 Likes

I will make a change to the sport role on some bulletins.
Jim Wilson left for radio, so I will make Cam Williams weekend sports anchor on ATN News Sydney, and Friday Sydney Afternoon News. Erin Molan will present Thursday Morning News sport and Jacqui Felgate will present morning news sport on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, in addition to Fridays.

2 Likes

Channel 7 & 9 Merger
Presenting Teams
EDIT: I’ll add in Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth’s 4pm & 6pm bulletins at a later date

5am National Early bulletin (5:00am-5:30am)
Natalie Barr

Breakfast TV program (5:30am-9:00am)
Co-Hosts: Karl Stefanovic & Allison Langdon (Mon)/Sam Armytage (Tue-Fri)
News: Natalie Barr
Sport: Alex Cullen
Weather: Sam Mac
Entertainment: Brooke Boney

Mid-morning program (9:00am-11:30am)
Larry Emdur & Kylie Gillies
News Updates: Sylvia Jeffreys (Mon-Wed)/Belinda Russell (Thu-Fri)

11:30am National Morning bulletin (11:30am-12:00pm)
News: Sally Bowrey (Mon)/Davina Smith (Tue-Fri)
Sport: Jacqueline Felgate (Mon-Wed)/Mel McLaughlin (Thu-Fri)
Weather: Amber Sherlock

Nine News Now reboot (new name TBA) (3:00pm-4:00pm)
Amber Sherlock

4pm Local Afternoon bulletin (4:00pm-5:00pm)
Sydney
News: Sally Bowrey (Mon)/Ann Sanders (Tue-Fri)
Sport: Cameron Williams (Mon)/Mel McLaughlin (Tue-Fri)
Weather: Sally Bowrey (Mon)/David Brown (Tue-Fri)
Melbourne
News: Jacqueline Felgate (Mon-Wed)/Alicia Loxley (Thu-Fri) & Brett McLeod
Sport: Jacqueline Felgate (Mon-Wed)/Sean Sowerby (Thu-Fri)
Weather: Jane Bunn

6pm News (6:00pm-7:00pm)
Sydney
News: Peter Overton (Sun-Thu)/Mark Ferguson (Fri-Sat)
Sport: Cameron Williams (Sun-Thu)/Mel McLaughlin (Fri-Sat)
Weather: Sally Bowrey (Sun-Thu)/David Brown (Fri-Sat)
Melbourne
News: Peter Hitchener (Mon-Fri)/Peter Mitchell (Sat-Sun)
Sport: Tony Jones (Mon-Fri)/Jacqueline Felgate (Sat-Sun)
Weather: Jane Bunn (Mon-Fri)/Livinia Nixon (Sat-Sun)

Current Affairs Program (7:00pm-7:30pm)
Tracy Grimshaw

10:30pm Late night bulletin (10:30pm-11:00pm)
Brett McLeod (Mon-Wed)/Alicia Loxley (Thu-Fri)

Weekend Breakfast TV program (7:00am-10:00am)
Co-Hosts: Monique Wright & David Campbell
News: Matt Doran
Sport: Rebecca Maddern
Weather: Tim Davies

Weekend 5pm National Afternoon bulletin (5:00pm-5:30pm)
News & Weather: Mark Ferguson (Sat)/Chris Reason (Sun)
Sport: Mel McLaughlin (Sat)/Cameron Williams (Sun)

1 Like

Now we’re talking!

1 Like

Reversing it, what about an all-male Sunrise/Weekend Sunrise line-up (once again, very unlikely to ever see the light of day)

Sunrise
Co-Hosts: David Koch (Mon-Thu)/Matt Doran (Fri) & Basil Zempilas
News: Chris Reason
Sport: Mark Beretta
Entertainment: Nelson Aspen

Sydney Correspondent: Cameron Price
Melbourne Correspondent: Nathan Templeton
Brisbane Correspondent: Joel Dry
Adelaide Correspondent: Mark Mooney
Perth Correspondent: Matt Tinney

Weekend Sunrise
Co-Hosts: Matt Doran & Michael Usher
News: Shaun White
Sport: Simon Reeve
Weather: James Tobin

1 Like

Sunrise

If Sam leaves before Kochie:
(Weekday) Sunrise
Co-Hosts: David Koch (Mon-Thu)/Matt Doran (Fri) & Monique Wright
News: Natalie Barr
Entertainment role made redundant, with the co-hosts crossing to Nelson Aspen
I decided to keep Nat on news as I have a feeling she prefers to read news and I like her on news.

Weekend Sunrise
Co-Hosts: Edwina Bartholomew & Matt Doran
News: Sally Bowrey
Edwina will become the co-host of Weekend Sunrise, therefore leaving the weekday show.

If Kochie leaves before Sam, and Basil is willing to relocate East
(Weekday) Sunrise
Co-Hosts: Basil Zempilas & Natalie Barr (Mon)/Sam Armytage (Tue-Fri)
News: Edwina Bartholomew (Mon)/Natalie Barr (Tue-Fri)
Entertainment: Edwina Bartholomew

Weekend Sunrise
Co-Hosts: Monique Wright & Matt Doran

If Kochie leaves before Sam, but Basil doesn’t want to move east
(Weekday) Sunrise
Co-Hosts: Matt Doran & Natalie Barr (Mon)/Sam Armytage (Tue-Fri)
News: Edwina Bartholomew (Mon)/Natalie Barr (Tue-Fri)
Sport: Mark Beretta (Mon-Wed), with Nat also reading the sports news on a Thursday & Friday
Entertainment: Edwina Bartholomew

Weekend Sunrise
Co-Hosts: Monique Wright & Mark Beretta

If Channel Nine broadcasted the AFL
Friday Night Footy
Rebecca Maddern (Host)
Craig Hutchison (Caller)
Ross Lyon (Expert)
Kane Cornes (Expert)
Tony Jones (Boundary)
Sam McClure (News)
Saturday Night Footy
Eddie McGuire (Host/Caller)
Matthew Lloyd (Expert)
Matthew Pavlich (Expert)
Shane Crawford (Boundary)
Ayrton Woolley (News)
Sunday Footy
Clint Stanaway (Host)
Seb Costello (Caller)
Kane Cornes (Expert)
Warren Tredrea (Expert)
Lauren Wood (Boundary)
Damian Barrett (News)

If Channel 10 broadcasted the AFL doing the Saturday Arvo and Night matches like they used to do:
Saturday Arvo
Caty Price (Host)
Lachy Reid (Caller)
Nick Butler (Expert)
Dylan Buckley (Expert)

Saturday Night
Michael Felgate (Host)
Stephen Quartermaine (Caller)
Simon Black (Expert)
Josh Gibson (Expert)

Boundary WA- Tim Gossage
Boundary SA- Josh Money
Boundary NSW- Roz Kelly
Boundary QLD- Jonathon Williams
Boundary VIC- Rob Waters

Nine News Summer Roster
Here is what my Nine News summer 2020-21 roster would look like:

Early News
Elizabeth Bryan

Morning News and Afternoon News (the latter is national, with the local bulletins resting over summer)
News: Mark Burrows (Mon-Fri)
Sport: Erin Molan (Mon-Thu), Rob Canning (Fri)
Weather: Natalia Cooper (Mon-Thu), Kate Creedon (Fri)

Sydney
News: Georgie Gardner (Sun-Thu), Jayne Azzopardi (Fri, Sat)
Sport: Erin Molan (Sun-Thu), Rob Canning (Fri, Sat)
Weather: Natalia Cooper (Sun-Thu), Kate Creedon (Fri, Sat)

Melbourne
News: Tony Jones and Alicia Loxley (Sun-Thu), Brett McLeod (Fri, Sat)
Sport: Clint Stanaway (Sun-Thu), Alicia Muling (Fri, Sat)
Weather: Madeline Slattery (Sun-Thu), Justine Conway (Fri, Sat)

Here, in Melbourne, I have decided to trial a double-header on Sundays-Thursdays.

Queensland
News: Jonathan Uptin and Samantha Heathwood (Sun-Thu), Tim Arvier and Sophie Walsh (Fri, Sat)
Sport: Michael Atkinson (Sun-Thu), Adam Jackson (Fri, Sat)
Weather: Luke Bradnam (Sun-Thu), Sophie Walsh (Fri, Sat)

Tim Arvier would briefly return home from the United States to Brisbane (where he would have to quarantine for a fortnight) to present the Friday and Saturday bulletins with Sophie Walsh, who would also present weather. Walsh will be back home in Australia by then, with her stint as European correspondent coming to an end.

Adelaide
News: Will McDonald (Sun-Thu), Edward Godfrey (Fri, Sat)
Sport: Tom Rehn (Sun-Thu), Jack Berketa (Fri, Sat)
Weather: Chelsea Carey (Sun-Thu)

Edward Godrey reads the weather forecasts on Fridays and Saturdays.

Perth
News: Tracy Vo (Sun-Thu), Michael Genovese (Fri, Sat)
Sport: Paddy Sweeney (Sun-Thu), Tania Armstrong (Fri, Sat)
Weather: Scherri-Lee Biggs (Sun-Thu)

Michael Genovese reads the weather forecasts on Fridays and Saturdays.

Nine News: First at Five
News: Brett McLeod (Sat), Alicia Loxley (Sun)
Sport: Alicia Muling (Sat), Clint Stanaway (Sun)
no weather presenter

Nightline (yes, I know it’s still called Nine News Late but why can’t they just rename it Nightline?)
News: Georgie Gardner (Sun), Tracy Vo (Mon-Thu)
Sport: Clint Stanaway (Sun)
Weather: Scherri-Lee Biggs (Sun)

The regional bulletins will also rest over summer

1 Like

because - I think Nine are regarding Nightline as something special - and this is another regular bulletin to add to their list

1 Like

Seven News Summer Roster over 2020/2021

Seven Early News: Sally Bowrey

Sunrise: Monique Wright & Basil Zempilas co-hosting, Sally Bowrey on news & entertainment, Simon Reeve on sport and James Tobin on weather.

The Morning Show: Angela Cox & Matt Doran, no news presenter, Angela to read news updates note: will only air 3 days a week, the other 2 days to be the Summer Series or sometimes this slot will be occupied by the cricket

Seven Morning News & Sydney’s 4pm news: News with Angie Asimus from Monday to Thursday and Chris Reason on a Friday. Sport with Matt Shirvington from Monday to Thursday and Matt Carmichael on a Friday. Weather with Angie Asimus from Monday to Thursday and Samantha Brett on a Friday.

Melbourne & Adelaide’s 4pm news: News with Jacqueline Felgate from Monday to Thursday and Blake Johnson on a Friday. Sport with Andrew McCormack on a Monday and Sean Sowerby from Tuesday to Friday. Weather with Melina Sarris from Monday to Thursday and Estelle Griepink on a Friday.

Brisbane’s 4pm news: News with Amanda Abate from the GC bureau on a Monday and Friday, and Kendall Gilding from Tuesday to Thursday. Sport with Ben Davis from Monday to Thursday and Giaan Rooney on a Friday. Weather with Laura Dymock on a Monday and Tuesday and Paul Burt from Wednesday to Friday.

Perth’s 4pm news: News and Weather with Amelia Broun. Sport with Adrian Barich.

Seven News Sydney: Sunday-Thursday team of Michael Usher, Matt Shirvington and Angie Asimus, Friday-Saturday team of Chris Reason, Matt Carmichael and Samantha Brett.

Seven News Melbourne Sunday-Thursday team of Mike Amor, Jacqueline Felgate and Melina Sarris, Friday-Saturday team of Blake Johnson, Sean Sowerby and Estelle Griepink.

Seven News Brisbane: News with Katrina Blowers from Sunday to Thursday and Kendall Gilding on a Friday and Saturday. Sport with Ben Davis from Sunday to Thursday and Giaan Rooney (if she’s still at the network?) on a Friday and Saturday. Weather with Laura Dymock on a Monday and Tuesday and Paul Burt from Wednesday to Sunday.

Seven News Adelaide: Monday-Friday team of Rosanna Mangiarelli, Bruce Abernethy and Gertie Spurling. Saturday-Sunday team of Mike Smithson and Theo Doropolous.

Seven News Perth: Monday-Friday team of Angela Tsun & Tim McMillan, Adrian Barich and Amelia Broun. Saturday-Sunday team of Paula Voce and Ryan Daniels.

Weekend Sunrise: Angela Cox & Matt Doran co-hosting, 7NEWS reporter Amelia Brace on News & sport, and Paul Burt on the weather.

Seven News at 5: News & Weather with Angela Cox. Sport with Matt Carmichael on a Saturday and Matt Shirvington on a Sunday.

The Latest: Seven News: Rested over summer, but if for instance a major emergency such as a disastrous bushfire season or the coronavirus pandemic is still prominent, then it can air, presented by Melissa Doyle.

1 Like