Misses of 2019

Based on the show’s ratings over the past few weeks, it’s a definite yes.

We can also add Blue Water Empire to the list.

Moved to 7flix so the early analysis was correct.

3 Likes

The Proposal

You’d think Seven would’ve learnt their lesson after The Super Switch became DOA. Obviously not.

That said, I’m not exactly unhappy to see another program in the massively oversaturated dating/relationship/wedding “reality” genre collapse and burn in the ratings.

1 Like

Hopefully they can move on now.

2 Likes

I am glad that The Proposal flopped. Looks like many viewers are starting to get sick of these dating shows. Seven - just take the hint and stop making these sort of shows!

2 Likes

can we safely say that “Saturday Night Rove” is a big miss of 2019? I say yes.

4 Likes

I’d probably go as far as saying that Saturday Night Rove is/will be the biggest flop of Australian TV for 2019 by a considerable margin and is now likely to be the very last nail in the coffin for the entire concept of a live Saturday night variety program on Australian television.

You’d think Ten would’ve learnt something from Nine, with the very brief period that Hey Hey was back on Saturdays less than a decade ago…

2 Likes

Another Miss: Seven’s attempt to translate the Netflix binge experience to FTA by running Secret Bridesmaid’s Business on three consecutive nights with a reduced ad load.

Not only did the debut episode disappoint, the second episode was down 100,000. The younger audience demographics who you would assume were a major target of the experiment were unimpressed - night 2 was outrated by a Kinne Tonight repeat in 16-39.

Hard to tell if the show would have done better with a more standard 8:45pm start time with weekly installments that most commercial dramas get these days.

4 Likes

The return of Zumbo’s Just Desserts was a ratings flop too.

1 Like