Misses of 2019

It got an 0.3% share last night and has underperformed in my opinion. Feel free to disagree as I’m sure you will.

1 Like

No I am not saying I disagree. I just don’t think 7 should be measuring its success on share percentage. Its a niche brand that will be attracting a certain advertiser.

1 Like

Did it do much better with SBS? They knew what they were getting.

Agree to a point. It’s always hard giving fully informed opinions. I don’t think anyone can unless we actually know what the HONEST goals are from each network etc. But that’s what makes these forums fun, tossing ideas and opinions around and being challenged to think differently or learn new info.

1 Like

To be honest I give it two weeks before 7 start putting movies on 7food.

They have an agreement with Scripps otherwise they would have had MKR repeats all over it.

1 Like

As it’s been said before, 7Food would probably be rating considerably better if it was available in MPEG2 like SBS FOOD is. Surely Seven hasn’t forgotten how 7Flix’s ratings went up pretty much overnight after they switched from MPEG4 to MPEG2 and subsequently ran a “now available on more TVs” promotional campaign for the channel?

1 Like

What is the difference sorry (not tech savvy)?

MPEG2/MPEG4 are video codecs. While the latter is more efficient than the former, many of the older & cheaper Digital TV devices can handle MPEG2 but not MPEG4.

1 Like

Thank you. Is it noticeable when watching the shows?

Picture quality can be better in MPEG4 at lower bitrates, where available of course. It should also be said that the HD channels & RACING.COM are in MPEG4 do if you can’t receive those on your TV at home, then your device isn’t MPEG4 compatible.

Anyway, this is going off topic now so I’d be happy to discuss more in the relevant thread if you like!

We can add Changing Rooms to the list of misses.

2 Likes

I think we need a whole new name for the way Changing Rooms has flopped.

Floperoo. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Can we call half a program a flop? I’m talking about the 6.30-7pm portion a flop (especially the Sunday Version)

Celebrity Name Game

2 Likes

You can’t help yourself, can you? Will you be obsessed about 6pm for the rest of your life?

A flop’s a flop. I can’t help if it’s on at 6pm.

You’ll never stop living in the past.

I know it’s only been one episode, but surely we have to add “The Super Switch” to this list?

2 Likes