Misses of 2016

NRL Footy Show ratings have really crashed this year and especially last week. The Wednesday move is a complete disaster.

1 Like

Nine is set to axe 60 Minutes as a result of the Footy Show’s poor ratings.

5 Likes

Maybe I’m jumping the gun and/or incorrect…

But should Winners & Losers and Love Child both be added to this list?

Declining ratings & double eps being aired…

Double eps are not an indication of a flop. Stop trolling.

I don’t know. Would you call Spelling Bee a miss?

Didn’t you just last week or the week before say that anything above 200k at 9:30 was a hit? If that is the case then Winners and Losers at 9:30 was a massive success.

I wouldn’t call Love Child a miss, that is for sure. It has done alright in total people with little help from nine’s schedule department.

1 Like

2016 UPDATE

•Hyde & Seek
•The Wrong Girl
•Love Child
•Winners & Losers

And quite possibly The Bachelorette.

Would you consider The X Factor?

I wouldn’t count any of those as misses, besides Winners and losers (which has finished anyway). I think they are all below par. But at the end of the day The Wrong Girl is top 5 in demos, Love Child was rating ok on consolidated figures, Hyde and Seek is still averaging around the 700-800k in consolidated figures, The Bachelorette (although below par) is still achieving good figures in the demos, albeit not winning. X Factor, is under performing I just think it might be slightly too early to consider it a miss. Also how can a show be a miss if it is returning next year (I believe Hyde and Seek was renewed as is Love Child)?

2 Likes

Even though the ratings have been lower than what the networks were expecting, I think we’ll most likely be seeing all of those shows (except Winners & Losers which has already finished of course) back on our screens next year.

2 Likes

Yeah tbh I agree.

Even The Wrong Girl will probably be given another season, due to its good key demos & held its total audience. But Ch 10 wouldn’t want to see it drop below 500k for them.

I think it’s the current FTA environment, networks have got to go for it!

We know how desperate Ch 9 have been for better ratings against Ch 7 too.

For me though, X Factor has been the biggest surprise. Maybe it’ll increase towards 1m with live shows & later in the season?

Anyone know when The Block finishes? Must be nearing the end. I don’t think there’s as many eps as MKR and MasterChef.

1 Like

I would think its probably got another 3-4 weeks left. They have the Terrace this week, another room the following and then the make up room or whatever it is and also the upstairs common area. Then they normally have the extra apartment. There has only been around 35 episodes so far. Not sure how many Masterchef and MKR have. I think it will finish last week of ratings.

1 Like

The inspections are on October 30th. I am guessing it will finish mid November.

2 Likes

True. I thought the open for inspections were normally 3-4 weeks before the finale though.

Definitely X Factor has to be in here now, doing terrible in the ratings.

MacGyver? It failed to make the top 20 on Saturday night.

3 Likes

I think we need to wait and see if ratings increase over coming weeks, including the finale.

Look at The Bachelorette, it’s been renewed & that had much lower ratings.

And the “but it’s Ch 7, that’s poor for them” also means nothing.

If ratings continue below 700k & continue to drop, I highly doubt Ch 7 will renew it :+1:

So in conclusion, Seven should not axe it, but then again should axe it, no wait don’t axe it , hang on and wait then axe it. Have you got a split personality? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

The X Factor in doubt after just days after Seven axed Dancing with the Stars
the daily telegraph

1 Like

Gosh that headline is the worst example of English grammar I’ve ever seen in a newspaper.

2 Likes

Look, knowing Ch 7 have high-standards (being #1 and all) & want to retain that, it probably won’t return…

But The Biggest Loser & The Bachelorette (which pulled as low as 500k or lower) are returning next year.

If The X Factor can increase its ratings by a couple of hundred thousand & be more close to The Block, it should return, especially if they can air it at the same time or before The Block begins.

Tough call, it is expensive to produce.

What could Ch 7 replace it with for all those weeks in September-November over a few nights or so every week?

Apparently producers are promoting a cat fight between the female judges - an interesting commentary

The X Factor Australia peddles catfight, but Iggy Azalea and Mel B aren’t playing

How do you know a TV talent show is floundering in the ratings and out of ideas? Look for a quickly manufactured feud between its female judges.

The ‘judging panel catfight’ – an approach long pilfered by reality talent shows for a cheap viewer grab – has made for awkward viewing on Seven’s latest incarnation of The X Factor

The series … might need a jolt, but lazy manufactured wars amongst its female judges isn’t going to win any fans.