Misses of 2016

Discussion of flops, misses and fails in new programs and scheduling for 2016.

Probably the biggest flop of 2016 (and deservedly so IMO) so far would surely have to be Australia’s Got Talent?

4 Likes

Yep. The Daily Telegraph has got the ball rolling with this article which declares these three shows as big flops in 2016:

• Australia’s Got Talent
  • The Farmer Wants a Wife
  • The Embassy

The Daily Telegraph

3 Likes

Sunrise? :smiling_imp:

4 Likes

Jamie Oliver

CSI Cyber

1 Like

Can we also add Seven News Sydney to that list? Oh wait…it’s been a ratings miss for the better part of five years now! :stuck_out_tongue:

But seriously, I agree with turdall’s suggestion of CSI Cyber being a flop.

2 Likes

Apologies for the double post…but is it too early to add Reno Rumble to the list of 2016’s ratings misses?

2 Likes

Probably not. A flop on debut. It’s really difficult to come back from that. Maybe a few past hits have done it but it will be really swimming upstream now.

1 Like

Kiss Bang Love has to be added to this list.

2 Likes

Now that Nine has bumped it to a later slot after two epsiodes, The Briefcase can be declared a flop.

3 Likes

It’s an open and shut case.

6 Likes

Good riddance. Nasty, exploitive TV that really shouldn’t have made it to air in the first place, especially at a time Nine is trying to rebuild it’s image after that scandal surrounding the stopwatch…

From conversation in the Sunday thread I think we can add Bondi Rescue and Long Lost Family to the list of misses. Long Lost Family surely won’t be back. Bondi might be considering they earn money from it rather than it costing the network.

The jury is out on The Great Australian Bee and Winners and Losers.

Although it only aired in Brisbane and Sydney, Top Gear 2016 is a flop.

3 Likes

Can we also add Seven’s latest round of “Make You LOL” specials to this list? Thankfully, I’m pretty sure that these haven’t been rating as well as last year’s batch did.

1 Like

Not in flop territory yet but heading there.

1 Like

I thought that this topic was more about new programs for 2016 and significant scheduling (based on the opening post).

Anyway, a coupe of additions - Cleverman and Barracuda.

Plus in general the ABC scheduling of new Australian dramas this year seems to be very inconsistent - e.g., why was Cleverman at 9.30 and why was a UK drama put into the 8.30 Thursday spot and Barracuda on a Sunday?

1 Like

NRL Footy Show Definately Flopped this year, Expect Nine to axe it soon.

It’s flopped for the last 10 years and always returns. As much as it should go the way of Parramatta’s five officials and be deregistered I can’t see it happening unfortunately while Nine still has the rights.

5 Likes