Million Dollar Island

So it’s basically the same as Nine’s “The Summit” but on an island? Its gonna be a disaster if these go up against each other.

Also, so every day people are just defined by their jobs on this? I imagine a lot of influencers were sought out but imagine 100 influencers play a game. Oh thats the show on Onlyfans

It’s all-out war on Million Dollar Island

The global sensation is coming soon to Channel 7 and 7plus

Australia, get ready to witness the drama, intrigue and rivalry that is Million Dollar Island, the revolutionary new social experiment where the rules of society don’t exist, coming soon to Channel 7 and 7plus.

One hundred everyday Aussies land on a remote desert island, each wearing a bracelet worth $10,000. They gain or lose bracelets by competing in games, forming alliances, scheming or stealing – all while trying to survive the harsh conditions with limited means.

Farmers, retail workers, garbos, nurses, real estate agents and more leave the real world to fight for the $1 million prize. Where will they draw the line? Will humanity win over, or will the lure of a life-changing fortune lead them to do whatever it takes to win?

Million Dollar Island is hosted by Ant Middleton and produced by award-winning Eureka Productions, the maker of some of the world’s biggest entertainment shows, including Seven’s Farmer Wants A Wife.

Who are they going after with this show? The promo does not interest me at all.

1 Like

“Global sensation” - it flopped hard when it finally debuted in the Netherlands (the birthplace of many a reality show!) and has been axed before even making it to production in other countries.

1 Like

Million Dollar Island - now we have Million Dollar Mountain aka The Summit

2 Likes

I’m just gobsmacked that a network clearly in financial strife will throw away a million dollars on a brand new (and seemingly already failed) format

1 Like

Don’t mess with Tess

Mum of six takes on the global sensation, Million Dollar Island

Australia, get ready to witness the drama, intrigue and rivalry of Million Dollar Island: the revolutionary new social experiment where the rules of society don’t exist, coming soon to Channel 7 and 7plus.

There’s nothing like a mother’s love, and like a mumma bear possessed, mother of six Tess is on a mission to make a better life for her family by competing on Million Dollar Island.

“I want to provide something for my family that I never could have. I’m going to fight really hard. I want to make my family proud,” says the Western Australian personal trainer on competing for the $1 million prize. “I told them mummy was on an island looking for treasure!”

Will Tess’ love for her family be enough to get her through a competition without the norms of society? Where will her competitors draw the line? Will humanity win over, or will the lure of a life-changing fortune lead them to do whatever it takes to win?

Farmers, retail workers, garbos, nurses, real estate agents and more leave the real world to fight for the $1 million prize. One hundred everyday Aussies land on a remote desert island, each wearing a bracelet worth $10,000. They gain or lose bracelets by competing in games, forming alliances, scheming or stealing: all while trying to survive the harsh conditions with limited means.

Million Dollar Island is hosted by Ant Middleton and produced by award-winning Eureka Productions, the maker of some of the world’s biggest entertainment shows, including Seven’s Farmer Wants A Wife.

Seven released screeners for Million Dollar Island which usually means the show won’t be too far away. One possible start date is Monday 12 June that has a 90 minute TBA following the cricket finishing on Sunday 11 June. That is the King’s Birthday in some states and corresponds to a Monday AFL Rnd 13: Melbourne v Collingwood

4 Likes

That will stay TBA until it is confirmed there won’t be a reserve day needed for the WTC.

1 Like

Seven only have the 90 minutes from 7.30 as TBA - the rest of the night is the usual Monday schedule. Is it worth Seven taking the risk that the reserve day will be needed in the cricket?

1 Like

In England probably… :joy:

Seven now has 90 minute TBA Monday - Wednesday of that week at 7:30pm and the next day at midday.

1 Like

“I’m definitely the most powerful man on the island”

Meet Brett, Million Dollar Island’s feisty environmentalist

Australia, get ready to witness the drama, intrigue and rivalry of Million Dollar Island: the revolutionary new social experiment where the rules of society don’t exist, coming soon to Channel 7 and 7plus.

It’s war. They’re starving for the $1 million prize, but one man is hungrier than most. Meet Brett, a confident 45-year-old environmentalist from Queensland who is prepared to cross every line and do anything to claim his share of the prize money.

Brett says his competitors have no idea what’s coming: “I’m definitely the most powerful man on the island. I’m willing to do whatever it takes to get those bracelets. I’m not worried about ruffling feathers. I’ll pluck them right out of there if I have to. They’re about to be devastated!”

He wryly adds, “If I have to cut someone’s leg off and eat it over the fire, that’s what I’ll do!”

Farmers, retail workers, garbos, nurses, real estate agents and more leave the real world to fight for the $1 million prize. One hundred everyday Aussies land on a remote desert island, each wearing a bracelet worth $10,000. They gain or lose bracelets by competing in games, forming alliances, scheming or stealing while trying to survive the harsh conditions with limited means.

1 Like

The Rules (unlike The Summit there are some):

3 Likes

Monday June 12, watermark add-on just appeared in Melbourne after Seven News at the start of BH&G.

Good tip, Cynic :clap: Also hinted/tipped by me, when I suggested some weeks back about the special Sunday prime time AFL match into traditional Queens (Kings) Birthday AFL clash plus the cricket test.

2 Likes

3 Likes

And expect this date to be end-tagged to tonight’s / this weekend’s promos during the AFL and going forward now

1 Like

Monday June 12 on 7.

And Monday June 19 on 7flix?

5 Likes