Metro Radio Ratings: Survey 8, 2021

True. However they have ZERO competition. Makes perfect sense, GB and AW rate so highly.
If SRN ever had a real crack, their audience would halve.

2 Likes

Certainly is possible. The music is a lot better on 2Day FM over the last 2 months or so.

1 Like

We’re talking radio here though aren’t we.

Their UK brands include KISS, Magic, Absolute, Hits Radio, Greatest Hits.

They know what they’re doing.

3 Likes

that’s what everyone said about them when they took over ACP… they know about magazines, they’ll rescue the joint… look how that worked out

1 Like

Magazines are a different business. Their radio stations in the UK are very successful. Just look at the ratings - something SCA could only dream of.

3 Likes

But their magazines were very successful in Germany too. The problem was that they tried to apply the European way of thinking and practices to the Australian market which failed again and again. They decimated the industry and killed off many titles.

2 Likes

so what I’m saying is, would same happen to radio if they were to buy up here? They might be big guns in radio in Europe and the UK but we know from the magazines experience that what works for them there may not work here

2 Likes

And to finish off my little overview following Survey 8 … just to highlight the rapidly growing gap between the still rising ARN versus the ever falling SCA. An article on another Media site this Week headed “Duncan Campbell on how ARN is reaping the rewards of hard work”. IMHO… SCAs big problem is they just spin and spin and spin again about how good they think they are. Yet the truth is SCA are the laziest network in Australia. Now being overtaken by all others. Eg ARN just working away hard every day to get better and better. Now with Grants watch ARN fly. What will be the catalyst to turn around SCA ? A cleanout of all their self-serving delusional management layers would be a good start. All IMHO.

5 Likes

It’s funny how ARN are now the number one network. They’re made up of mainly ex-SCA duos.

5 Likes

Well, the joke always used to be that ARN stood for Austereo Retirement Network.

6 Likes

I’m not familiar with all the talent line-ups other than Kyle & Jackie O, who else is ex-SCA? Jase from KIIS 101.1 breakfast I think is ex-B105? Who else is there?

But also, if there is so much ex-SCA talent, why is that? That probably says more about SCA than ARN

4 Likes

It does say more about SCA than ARN.

You’ve got K&J, Jase (breakfast) in Melbourne and Will & Woody. Not to mention the off air staff.

2 Likes

How about Nova? In Perth Nova FM is No. 1 and Smooth FM is No. 2 on DAB+.
In Syd/Mel Nova/Smooth are right behind ARN and pretty much back to back in the No. 4-6 spot and No. 3/5 in Bris/Adel. No dud stations like SCA.

1 Like