Metro Radio Ratings: Survey 8, 2021

1 Like

OuchđŸ˜©

3 Likes

Nine and Greg Byrnes have done a great job in turning around it’s talk network. Much better than it was under previous management and the disastrous strategy with a lack of local voices.

6 Likes

When was the last time 6IX wasn’t last of the commercial stations??

3 Likes

Aside from S5/2021 as I’ve mentioned earlier, 6PR & 6iX did tie at 6% in S1/2014 (the first GfK survey). Aside from that, it would be either when Triple M 96.1 was scoring 4-5% share back in the mid 90s, or way before that.

@HUFF

4 Likes

Trying to look for some positives for SCA and I’ve found one - they’ve done a fantastic job at 5MMM comparing ratings for “pre-covid” S#8 2019 to “new normal?” S#8 2021.

Every other station has gone backwards

5 Likes

SCA “Absolutely engaging” ?

Hmmm
 lets see

Sydney: Bottom 2 commercial FMs
Melbourne: 3rd place and last place commercial FMs
Brisbane: Bottom 2 commercial FMs
Adelaide: 2nd place and last place commercial FMs
Perth: 2nd place and last place commercial FMs

So they don’t have the top rated commercial FM anywhere and have the lowest rated in every market.

That doesn’t come across as “absolutely engaging” to me.

10 Likes

Eeek. That’s not a pretty picture. Bet that table wouldn’t see the light of day in their boardroom lol

7 Likes

But they’re winning their target bogans though

4 Likes

Just yet again proves how much SCA are consumed by their own BS and self-serving spin. They are pretty much an embarrassment to the industry with their fakery and up themselves attitude. 2Day breakfast 2.7 
 behind even ABC Newsradio 2.8. Oh yeah SCA sooooo engaging. Clowns.

10 Likes

And as for SCAs other great train wreck in Australia’s largest city 
 as a long time listener to 2MMM during its glory days of the 80s & 90s back when our ears had brains 
 so sad to see the once mighty MMM now almost a forgotten and totally direction-less radio station in Sydney mismanaged by an utterly clueless SCA. Shame Shame Shame. Oh sooooo engaging SCA. Fools.

6 Likes

While the blame is on them for the position they find themselves in, it’s sad (in a way) to see how far SCA has fallen.

4 Likes

Complete humiliation. Beaten by a low powered AM station with 2 FM repeaters, with likely an order of magnitude smaller budget.

5 Likes

Very long report on the radio ratings to end Nine News Qld tonight. Highlighted the first time 4KQ has been number one at breakfast since 1994.

6 Likes

I really don’t get MMM. Relatively new to Perth - let’s not count their previous failed incursion - why so much sport? I actually don’t mind their rock orientated playlist which although predictable is more interesting than 96fm who have become so boring.

But with Mix already doing AFL, nevermind the AM stations, and now the cricket - seriously you’re competing with ABC Grandstand!?!?? Who do they think will listen?

7 Likes

Mix haven’t broadcast AFL since Triple M launched.

5 Likes

Correct, the last time prior to S1/2014 was S4/1996:
6IX - 8.1
96.1 - 6.4

3 Likes

Not surprising when your breakfast show is hosted by Zempilas and Ellis. Arrogant and extremely unliveable for Basil and fake showy anti intellectual bogan stuff with Ellis. Jenna Clarke was the only decent talent there.

Enjoying Basil slowly working out that he’s not personally popular, it’s just Channel Seven Perth.

8 Likes

I just wish they’d get bought out by someone like Bauer who know what they’re doing with radio.

2 Likes

like they knew what they’re doing with magazines and then bought ACP?

4 Likes