Metro Radio Ratings: Survey 6, 2017

Nova 106.9 also breaks new songs before anyone else with their songs of the week. They are generally more adventurous with their playlist.

My six year old son even complains about the repetition on Nova 96.9.
His catch line is “I heard that song 2 hours ago”

1 Like

You don’t think it bizarre to not mention the #1 station?

Yes. It was more a comment on those three I mentioned who think there is a conspiracy against 2GB.

Aside from the fact that 2GB isn’t one of the more “demo friendly” stations, I think the main reason they often don’t get much discussion around rating survey release time (except when significant, newsworthy milestones are reached) is because they’ve been a fairly consistent #1 for about 13 years now.

As for 2CH, I think that station has usually hovered around 3% for quite some time now and has gradually been becoming irrelevant in the Sydney market (not quite at 2SM levels mind you, but probably still a “Wow, they’re still on the air?!” station) ever since Smooth 95.3 came on the scene.

Smooth 95.3 outrates 2CH in every demographic except 65+, there’s been at least three attempts at relaunching the station in the last few years, they rarely advertise…need I go on?

1 Like

People ignore 2GB for ideological reasons. And it’s not “not much discussion”. People completely ignore the #1 station in their so-called summary - and it happens over and over here and in print. People don’t ignore Channel 7 Perth when talking about TV ratings because they always win.

Biggest story for me out of this survey is Smooth 91.5’s back-to-back wins.

Also No. 1 FM drive, Breakfast with Mike and Jen No. 2!