Metro Radio Ratings: Survey 5, 2018

Out of interest, where are the figures that prove this is Australia’s most listened to breakfast show? Is it Networked at all? What sort of music do they play?

Interestingly when Nine News aired their report during the bulletin tonight - River 94.9 who simulcast the bulletin, actually cut away to an extended ad break instead. Evidently not wanting to give their competitors a free kick!

5 Likes

AFL radio ratings in Melbourne in the latest survey only got a brief mention in the Herald Sun today. Triple M won Friday night and Saturday afternoon ahead of 3AW.

SCA uses the cumulative figures.

So it is entirely possible that it isn’t a true statement? After all, these aren’t figures for nationwide but I get the point. Amazing how these radio stations spin figures to mean whatever they want, sounds exactly the same as TV.

2 Likes

Not surprising, as the show is very Sydney-centric

If you add the Sydney and Wollongong figures together KIIS 106.5 has a cume of 651,000 at breakfast beating 101.9 Fox FM. Easy to spin the ratings anyway they want to.

Not really. Marty is In Melbourne and Tim only recently moved to Sydney to join Kate. He often talks about Melbourne specific stuff since he grew up there.

They’re not not even the most listened to breakfast show in Melbourne

As I’ve said before, most number of listeners =|= most listened to

Yes, as ‘recently’ as nearly five years ago.

I don’t think it’s a particularly Sydney-centric show, but it’s certainly an east coast centric show. If anything it’s an industry-centric show which I personally think connects more in Sydney than Melbourne.

1 Like

Source?

Incorrect, as usual. Kate only joined the team in 2014 for starters, so Kate Time and Marty haven’t even been together for 5 years yet.

Tim was doing stints from both Melbourne and Sydney for a while but he only made the permanent move two years ago. He made a big deal about the big move on air.

1 Like

Where, exactly, did I say they’ve been together 5 years…?

They’ve been together since the start of 2014 as Meshel moved to breakfast, hence nearly 5 years.

Tim moved up to Sydney when Kate started. You memory may be failing you, but he was certainly living there in 2014 :ok_hand:t2:

Also, Tim grew up in Sydney. He was ‘pulling shifts’ at a Chatswood community station when he was 17 and then went to AFTRS in Sydney before going to Albury and then Melbourne.

Not sure where you get your info from, but it’s incorrect - as usual :slightly_smiling_face:

It’s called cumulative audience, Fifi Fev and Byron have more cumulative audience then Kyle and jackieo

We are not counting regional markets ??? Silly

THEy are so the most listened to Breakfast show in Melbourne, do you look At cumulative audience?? If you think it’s percentage you are very wrong? Explain how nova in Brisbane Is claiming to Be the most listened to radio station in Brisbane when hit beats them with share???

If we don’t count regional markets then it is awfully hard for it to be nationwide. This was my point. Every radio station seems to spin in it the positive for themselves. I don’t think any of this stuff is networked into Tassie either, makes it harder to be heard.

1 Like

You said he moved here 5 years ago but I’m pointing out the show hasn’t even been running five years.

There are heaps of articles online that confirm he moved to Sydney with his family in 2016. As i said, he previously had been working out of both Sydney and Melbourne at first and previously been permanently in Melbourne when Meshel was part of the team.

Yes, he has lived all over the country and in America.

correct: https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/lifestyle/home-mag/novas-969-radio-host-tim-blackwell-has-finally-settled-in-sydney/news-story/e8088f56c90f99a79dfe32f3f928c999

1 Like

Which is BS, misuse of the figures. Share is derived from cume and TSL.

I guess CRA have removed clauses from the survey contracts to only accurately use data by those contributing to the survey?

1 Like

Cumulative audience is total number of people who have had Fox on at some point during breakfast which is not the same as ‘most listened to’. I couldn’t care less what a Nova press release says.

Nope, I said nearly five years ago as the show started Survey 1 2014, which is - surprise surprise - nearly five years ago. Technically Kate was on-air for a few weeks at the end of 2013.

Feel free to link even 1.

Yes, they were all in Melbourne when Meshel was part of the show. Tim moved to Sydney to work with Kate when she started. He may have been in Melbourne from time to time - just as Marty is in Sydney from time to time, or all three of them are in Adelaide every now and then. But he was based out of Sydney and living in Sydney in 2014.

… and grew up in Sydney, not Melbourne as you asserted.

I mean, do you just make assumptions based on listening to their show and then pretend it’s fact or…?

Pedantic, stubborn and can’t handle it when you’re proven wrong. Why do you do this every time?

All this carry on because I said the show was not that Sydneycentric? :roll_eyes:

1 Like