Metro Radio Ratings: Survey 3, 2019

We know he has a penchant for referring to ABC TV as channel two. Did he refer to the ABC radio station as 2BL?

6 Likes

Though the SMH also wrote this:

3 Likes

He referred to it as “Channel 2 radio” :rofl:

5 Likes

Only Adam Lang is deluded enough to polish the MSR turd.

5 Likes

While I don’t expect much from a radio ratings round-up on Sky News, what’s with this “Source: Sydney Radio” disclaimer?

I could’ve sworn that GFK is the company responsible for the surveys. :confused:

2 Likes

I get he doesn’t like the ABC but does he have to be that petty about it…?

we know the answer to that by now :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

“source: Sydney radio” - what a laugh - more lack of attention to detail at Sky.

You’re joking! Is it a running joke of his?

YES!!!

1 Like

They should relaunch as pure gold.

They also need to do something about 97.3. It’s almost being overtaken by 4KQ. The Co-owners Nova Entertainment should be asking questions. They can top the ratings (and rate higher) in Sydney and Melbourne with Smooth, yet ARN have the 2nd lowest rating FM in Brisbane with 97.3. I know it’s a tight contest in Brisbane but still. If I were NE I’d be thinking we should be No 1 in Brisbane with 97.3, and they should.

4 Likes

Today’s Herald Sun has small details about the AFL ratings on Melbourne radio stations from the survey. It says the honours were shared between Triple M and 3AW. 3AW had a big win on Friday nights and also claimed the Saturday night slot. Triple M won Saturday afternoons and Sundays.

2 Likes

Can’t see that breakfast show hanging on under Gary Roberts.

1 Like

Needs more than tinkering, more like a wrecking ball.

I just turned it on for a few minutes. A Rod Stewart song, then a Jimmy Barnes song, then some networked crap (Jase and PJ? The girl was Kiwi so I assume this is it) soliciting calls about ‘bad dates’, with a story about a guy wanting a girl to step on his scrotum.

What the actual fuck is this shit? The music’s all over the place, and the networked shows don’t fit everything else, plus it’s just puerile shit.

Go back to the last days of Fairfax ownership, where it was rock focused, no nonsense, all local and unique to the Perth market. Mix 94.5 is softer, 96fm should go harder.

7 Likes

I’ll say it again - if Duncan keeps saying Nova is the KIIS of Perth, then why the heck does he align 96FM to KIIS and not Pure Gold?

I’ve never heard him say 6iX is the Pure Gold of Perth.

3 Likes

Indeed, the JV owners should be asking questions as did Paul Thompson and DMG team did when 973 was not as successful as it should be in its first few years.

For national clients, esp those via agencies, they are frustrated that Smooth has only a two city footprint on traditional radio.

Smooth format on 973 would also save huge costs on bfast. The ROI would be much better with one decent announcer and a quality newsreader.

Nova would be managing it, so it is possible Campo could be lured back. I’d also hire the sonorous services of Walter Williams to read the news. Both are working outside of competitor stations within the market, so their cost would be reasonable.

It’s unlikely sadly that ARN would agree when you consider it pragmatically.

The basket case that is 96FM in Perth should also adopt the Smooth format, under licence from Nova.

5 Likes

The Sunday Telegraph’s Phil Rothfield says the ABC is getting absolutely whacked in NRL ratings in the latest survey, especially on Sundays where it finishes a distant third behind 2GB and Triple M.

I’ve seen ALOT of WSFM ads on Sydney TV lately (most on Channel Nine), but none for other stations.

Obviously a ploy to boost ratings for Survey 4?

Has anyone seen any radio station ads anywhere lately, be it in Sydney or other markets?

2 Likes

Triple M has an ad. on Channel 9 Brisbane every night during the news.

2 Likes

You haven’t been watching ABC TV? They’ve been bludgeoning their viewers with that god awful, woke Harmer/Buck 702 ad for too bloody long. I think that ad is one of the reasons their breakfast ratings have nose dived in Sydney.

3 Likes

The “We’ll Take You There” dual campaign for both the Local Radio breakfast shows and the 7pm TV news?

Yeah, I don’t really like the song choice either.

Plenty of Triple M and 97.3 adverts in Brisbane. Gold 92.5 adverts on the Gold Coast

2 Likes