Metro Radio Ratings: Survey 1, 2021

That’s a good idea, and I would go even further.

With the capacity that they have they could launch 2 new music channels in Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne, to boost their DAB+ audience share and bring in more advertising dollars. A suggestion could be a station modelled on ‘Virgin Groove’ in the UK, a mix of dance/pop/soul/disco or ‘Magic Soul’ focusing on soul and motown.

3 Likes

I don’t listen to it so couldn’t tell you. Most likely just news and replays from 3AW/2GB/4BC/6PR.

1 Like

Agree with those suggestions. I’d also add there’s now a gap for easy listening in Brisbane and Adelaide now that Smooth has dropped Smooth Relax from DAB. Something like Mellow Magic in the UK. Magic Soul is good too though.

5 Likes

AW’s cume is quite a good number even post the Dan Andrews exile of Victoria.

2 Likes

Much rather see them halve their large bitrates to move to EEP-1A and begin on air marketing of digital radio, may improve audience numbers; I’m certain of it.

1 Like

They could have 4 channels at 64kbs each or up to 6 channels using 48/40 kbs. If they got rid of NTS they could put some music channels, at least 2 but possibly more, or rent out the left over spectrum to an independent operator.

1 Like

Sorry I’ve been away and not logged on for sometime. Without looking at results I will say that traditionally 4BC has not done well in Survey 1. Holiday lag and people not getting into routine and “switched on” to life until after Australia Day.

2 Likes