Metro Radio Ratings: Survey 1, 2018

From the digital survey, who noticed MMM Country was missing?

Not on air the full book so they didn’t want the figures? Precious. For the top line lookers (most of the agency/booking 20 somethings), they’d think they’re seeing big growth come S2.

1 Like

Andrew Bolt bashing the ABC yet again this time disguised as ratings report in the breakfast slot in Melbourne. Fails to mention his own stations drop in ratings includeding in his timeslot or that he even has a conflict of interest.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/blogs/andrew-bolt/red-too-white-and-well-spoken-for-abc-but-now-look/news-story/ad180c038cd118947fcc6559de2b1aa0

You’re asking a bit much of Andrew Bolt.

Perhaps if the Press Council investigates, might get a reaction. …in six months on.

1 Like

Mike Fitzpatrick, Triple M’s head of content said of Jane Kennedy “people haven’t heard Jane for a long time and there’s parts of the country that have never heard Jane”. He’s forgotten about Have You Been Paying Attention which Kennedy appears on frequently and it rates very well for Ten. She is not an unknown person.

3 Likes

I mean married at first sight consistently rates #1 and there’s still plenty of people who never have and never would watch it, let alone know who the contestants are. HYBPA doesn’t rate #1, and Jane isn’t a regular, even though she’s on every now and then (and is part of the production company).

No, she’s not an unknown person, but that does not make his comment incorrect.

3 Likes

It’s not often, but Fitzy is right in this instance

2 Likes

From the Mumbrella article you linked to:

Unusually, Campbell’s other Melbourne station – Gold FM – stood still in the latest survey, despite the absence of breakfast hosts Jo Stanley and Anthony ‘Lehmo’ Lehmann.

The show does not have a replacement at present, as it’s still waiting for the arrival of UK radio star Christian O’Connell. But the latest result brings into questions whether it was a successful show after all.

“You wonder why we even had the previous show on the air at all, given the tantrums that were demonstrated when they left, which I’m a bit over by the way,” Campbell says.

Um Duncan, Jo & Lehmo had every right to chuck a so-called ‘tantrum’ when you axed their show after it became #1

6 Likes

Nature of the business. Christian O’Connell would’ve been in planning for the move for months before they axed J&L. I doubt it was that much of a surprise and to be honest, unless you’re K&J or Jonesy & Amanda, I’m not really sure that you could simply expect your contract would be renewed at the end of it every time…

I certainly wouldn’t want to work with people who throw tantrums…

Sycophants aside who are desperate for a job with Dunc, most of the Australian radio industry would be unimpressed with his staffing decisions. Every market has had ‘if it ain’t broke don’t fix it’ movements that would’ve been noticed by many.

It’s the nature of the beast, radio needs performers to work well, they will throw tantrums and you wouldn’t have good radio without it. If you want no tantrum radio, 2DAY FM has been working out real well the past few years.