MediaSpy User Demographics

We called that Starlight

We had auto wickie growing up and we called it hit and run. We also had one hand one bounce.

3 Likes

We played nick and run

1 Like

Back in my school days, we did the tip and run when playing cricket in physical education.

I had all those growing up in SA

1 Like

I hate Cricket… backyard or otherwise… that is all

Oh no…YOU LOVE IT!

:rofl:

3 Likes

What do you associate with Australia Day?

• Barbecue
  • Fireworks
  • Watching the cricket on tv
  • Watching the tennis on tv
  • Other

0 voters

I associate unease and a nation that isn’t fully connected and unified.

2 Likes

Who do you prefer to fly domestically?

• Qantas
  • Virgin Australia
  • Jetstar
  • Tigerair

0 voters

For me it’ll be VA. I have found QF has dropped the ball a bit over the years.

Used to prefer VA, but since they’ve moved back to almost solely narrowbody aircraft for PER-MEL/SYD/BNE I don’t really have much of a preference for them anymore. Once I use my velocity points up I think I’ll re-evaluate whether I go back to using QF or not. 737s for 4 hours+ are brutal compared to an A330.

1 Like

Was really shocked you had to pay for soft drinks of VA. I have always got them for free in the past.

Out of their 5-6 direct MEL - PER flights a day during weekdays, there’s only one 737 service and that’s normally the first departure flight the rest are A330s.

I noticed that recently too. I recently flew with VA and it was either a choice of a complimentary Juice or Water. I was like really

1 Like

lol no, maybe in 2012/2013 at the peak of the boom this was the case. I work at Perth Airport and can see that 2 out of the 6 daily flights are allocated to A330s, 4 are 737s. This tends to be the standard utilisation on weekdays at the moment and they often go down to a single A330 or all 737 on the weekends.

In contrast QF generally allocates 5 A330s and 2 737s for MEL/SYD on weekdays.

Just the reality of VA utilising them for Hong Kong services as priority rather than transcontinental routes. I don’t blame them but it’s a far cry from the early VA (Post Virgin-Blue) days when they were guaranteeing widebodies for almost all trans-con services between PER & MEL/SYD/BNE. Not to mention that once the MAX 10s arrive in a few years there is no doubt they’ll completely pull A330s off the routes.

1 Like

Maybe it depends on the time of the year as well? Because I was looking at May as I want to go to PER for a week and that’s what was offered

Unfortunately you can’t trust what VA claim they’re operating when you book. Hopefully you get lucky! I want to use my velocity points for similar later in the year and the best way to check is to check the flight number on something like flightaware and pick a flight that is running an A330 more oftan than not.

How do you like your Milo?

• Hot
  • Cold
  • Both equally
  • Don’t drink Milo
0 voters

Not a frequent or even regular flyer, in fact barely even once in a blue moon.

20 years ago it’d be Qantas, last few times Virgin and it’s been good.

More importantly, I like it CHEAP!

Weirdly, I like it hot OR cold, but I haven’t had it for ages. So I don’t know what to pick here!

1 Like

Am I 12? Which adults are drinking Milo? Cue all the outraged people right about now… :hugs:

Real men drink Nesquik.

1 Like