MediaSpy User Demographics

Grew up with the ABC radio in the car and I’ve just stuck with it. All the ads on commercial radio just give me the shits. I do Triple J sometimes.

Triple J pretty much always. It would be Double J if we actually got DAB but that will literally never happen while I’m alive.

Prefer the RadioApp or iHeart Radio (when not scanning the FM band for DX activity).

Needed to be multiple selections IMHO…

In order of how often I use it, mainly in Sydney

1. Music on my phone (NOT Spotify or streaming)
  2. FM Radio, mainly WSFM, a little Triple M.
  3. AM Radio, mainly Newsradio, a little 702, 2RPH and 2GB
  4. Spotify (if I’ve come from the gym or used it in class)
  5. Streaming Radio (usually sport, or OldSkool)

This should change when I get my Kogan DAB converter.

Playing my tunes from my iPhone plugged into auxiliary jack but since I’ve now got an iPhone 8 that doesn’t have the headphones socket I have to use the connection that came with phone to connect to aux cord

Which mobile phone provider are you with?

• Telstra
  • Optus
  • Vodafone
  • Virgin
  • Amaysim
  • Woolworths
  • Kogan
  • Belong
  • Other

0 voters

I’ve been with Optus for 20+ years, originally because at the time only Optus had prepaid, and for years continued to have better call deals than Telstra.

With Telstra being the only reliable one in Tasmania choice has always been limited but I switched to Woolies mobile a couple of years ago and it’s been so much cheaper than when I was with Telstra. I hear Optus is finally good enough in Tassie now but we’ve heard that for years too. Have just clicked over having the same mobile number for 15 years too.

I’ve been with Boost for years. Best reception and 15GB data for $40p/m is great.

I’ve been with Vodafone for about 18 years and haven’t changed my mobile number in that time . I had a Nokia phone back,think I had 2 or 3 different Nokia models. My first smartphone was a Samsung Galaxy Nexus,the only Samsung model I ever owned.I got my first iPhone in 2013 ,a 4S.now I have an iPhone 8

1. List item

What’s your favourite smartphone
iPhone or Samsung?

I am a Samsung person.

iPhones are good, but at least Samsung make more affordable models for consumers on a budget.

And the Android OS is more flexible than iOS.

Samsung with Lineage OS, tho now that 15.1 is on the S5, it’s not really that good.

The S5 would have to be the best phone to put a ROM onto, also the notification light is really cool :grinning:

Samsung S5 all the way! Best performing phone I’ve ever owned.

31 posts were split to a new topic: Media Spy: The Early Years

Favourite weekday normal Ten Eyewitness News presenter? You can vote more than once if you have more favourites. ;p

• Sandra Sully
  • Jennifer Keyte
  • Georgina Lewis
  • Rebecca Morse
  • Narelda Jacobs
  • None

0 voters

Which bank do you use?
(more than choice if you have multiple accounts)

• ANZ
  • Commonwealth
  • NAB
  • Westpac
  • Other bank
  • Building Society / Credit Union

0 voters

Given the amount of regional banks/smaller banks/credit unions (ie not the big 4) and how popular they are, this poll really should be expanded.

Or expanded might be better. :wink:

Yes :roll_eyes: Apple really need to work on the iPhones predictive text.