Media Watch

Yeah. Aside from a few minor tweaks, I think most elements of the current On-Air Presentation for Media Watch have been used since the start of Paul Barry’s 3rd reign in the chair.

A 2019 rebrand to mark 30 Years of Media Watch would be really nice, but due to the current status of ABC funding I certainly won’t be holding my breath for one!

New Titles for Media Watch tonight.

2 Likes

1 Like

The 2000 set doesn’t look big or expensive just nice on the eyes.

1 Like

Agree. Simple can be the best.

Monday 4 February
9:15pm Media Watch Season Return

2 Likes

Well overdue.

What??

1 Like

Paul Barry looking on the bright side of side.

Media Watch is one underrated show and deserves to be featured more on news websites then the garbage that is MAFS

4 Likes
2 Likes

Any word on if Media Watch is going to do anything to mark its 30th Anniversary in a few weeks time?

2 Likes

Wouldn’t it be great to have Stuart Littlemore guest host or interviewed to provide an assessment on how the media has evolved in the 30 years since he presented the first show?

5 Likes

Happy 30th birthday Media Watch. Today is the 30th anniversary of the iconic show. Nothing special announced by the ABC to mark the milestone yet.

5 Likes

The Australian reports Paul Barry will return as host in 2020. Tonight is the season finale.

2 Likes

Returning Feb 3

2 Likes

…which will most likely be entirely dedicated to analysing media coverage of the Bushfire Crisises we’ve had over Summer? Although 12 and a half minutes seems to be nowhere near enough time for that!

4 Likes

MW has often been back at its 15 minute duration.

I don’t know why they don’t extend this to a full 30 minute program.

1 Like