Media Spy Awards 2018 (Voting)

VOTING IN THE MEDIA SPY AWARDS IS NOW OPEN

2 Likes

Voting commences now and will run until Australia Day with the results announced after that

A handful of awards have already been decided based on nominations and the Mawk Member of the Year will be decided by the staff

3 Likes

who tf thought it was a good idea nominating me as a best contributor and/or best member :laughing: I didnā€™t think I was that eclectic in my shiposts, but oh well.

Didnā€™t realise how fun voting in the awards were but all I can say is COWABUNGA DUDES

Aside from the absence of Hitch, what was so bad about Nineā€™s Victorian Election coverage? Donā€™t really remember any major complaints about that at the time.

One wonders what a particular ex-member would think about being nominated in one of the ā€œWorstā€ media-related categories? Although it was really tough choosing between five deserving nominees for that award, in the end I went for Annette Sharp.

TBH, I was expecting a Nine News Sydney-related nomination in the ā€œMost Obsessive Member (and their obsession)ā€ category but for the obsession to be Mike Dalton. Although maybe that will happen during the 2019 awards nomination process! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I voted for you :slight_smile: Hope you win!

NB/ Am both shocked and honoured to have been nominated in the most prestigious categories, thank you all. PS: my network obsession is wrong btw

Some of the best radio presenter nominees could have been added to the worst nominations!

1 Like

It should have been 7BCM?

So close! Broadcast Centre Melbourne :stuck_out_tongue:

Nah, cā€™mon guys, in all seriousness Iā€™ll always stick up for one onlyā€¦ 10!

1 Like

Your Money is the Best FTA Multichannel and you know it.

The favorite radio station was hard to vote for - I detest all five of them.

Also, relieved I didnā€™t get a guernsey for any of the member categories. :relieved:

If this was Media Spy After Dark Iā€™d be furious at being overlooked for Best Member

1 Like

Yes!

Iā€™d just like to acknowledge my nominations in several categories and say how much I deserve it.

Vote earlyā€¦ vote oftenā€¦ for me! :sunglasses:

The radio station was hard as they are all pretty mediocre, ended up picking MMM Melbourne!

To be honest, iā€™m surprised about my ā€˜Best New Memberā€™ nomination. Obviously someone likes my posting which mostly consists of reminiscing about old presenters, presentation packages and idents :smile:

1 Like

Yep, same here except I picked Triple M Sydney (because you have to support the local guys)!

Although I personally nominated/voted for MGO in the ā€œBest New Memberā€ category, I certainly would not be disappointed if you managed to win because your posts have for the most part, been quite enjoyable during your (so far) short time on Media Spy! :slight_smile:

Should I be thankful or upset at not being nominated for anything :joy:

2 Likes

Iā€™d like to know the answer to this too. I watched the coverage and I thought it was fine?

Was Melbourneā€™s Tony Jones part of it? They could explain it.

3 Likes

TJ and probably their stupid gimmicks each election.

1 Like

Iā€™m sure thereā€™s a big brass eggplant award with your name on it. Unlike Tom Gleeson on Hard Quiz, nobody here wants to know what you intend to do with it.

Reid Butlerā€™s omission from the nominations is a freaking travesty.

2 Likes