Matches, Hatches, Dispatches

First Victoria Wood and now Caroline Britain has lost two of the best comedians this year,Caroline was a amazing writer as well the way she tapped into writing working class humour was brilliant. She co-wrote 'The Royle Family’which became one of Britain’s favourite sitcoms. As with many talented comedians she sadly had a very troubled life but has left us with her amazing work to enjoy.

Noel Neill, the first actress to play Lois Lane in Superman, has died at the age of 95 after a long illness. Neill first played Lois Lane in 1948’s Superman, reprising the role in 1950’s Atom Man vs. Superman and in the TV series The Adventures of Superman. After her time as Lois Lane, Neill stayed in the Superman universe, playing Lois Lane’s mother in the 1978 Superman movie and appearing in 2006’s Superman Returns.

Actor, writer, producer and director Garry Marshall has died at the age of 81 of complications from pneumonia following a stroke. He created Happy Days, Laverne & Shirley and Mork and Mindy, and directed movies such as Beaches, Pretty Woman, Runaway Bride and The Princess Diaries.

Alanis Morissette has named her baby daughter Onyx Solace joining her son Ever Imre. :joy:

2 Likes

You oughta have known that such a… unique… name was coming

Actress Vivean Gray best known for her roles in ‘The Sullivans’ and ‘Neighbours’ has died in England aged 92.She retired from acting in 1988 and moved back to England,her last role was as Mrs Mangel in ‘Neighbours’.

I’ve seen this going around social media but not seen it reported via any formal channels yet other than Peter Ford?

Confirmed via TV Tonight

Jamie Oliver and his wife Jools have welcomed their fifth child, a baby boy.
Sydney Morning Herald

Sad news that Peter O’Callaghan has died at age 67. Poco, a legend of
Australian radio and an icon of the Melbourne radio market, is believed
to have suffered a stroke on Wednesday afternoon.
Think of any number of iconic Melbourne radio brands of the past and
Peter was part of their success – 3XY, 3KZ, 3MP and EON FM are just a
few and until 2015 Peter was part of Magic 1278 on mornings.
Peter has been described as having “a real passion and love of radio and his listeners”. -

See more at: http://www.radiotoday.com.au/news/whats-new/9443-vale-peter-o-callaghan.html#sthash.pQJ5icfW.dpuf

Very sad. I remember him from 3XY many years ago during the XY Zoo days.

Sad news indeed. I heard him on Magic 1278 a couple of times.

Kenny Baker, best known for his role as R2-D2 in the first six Star Wars films, has died at 82.

Rachael Finch has announced she is 11 weeks pregnant with her second child. She pulled out of Seven’s team to cover the Rio Olympics because of her fears of the Zika virus which affects pregnant women.

Allison Langdon and Michael Willesee are expecting their first child. SMH says she’s already in her second trimester.

1 Like

Congratulations to one of our own, @djpower , who got engaged this weekend!!! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Jools has named her newborn son River. She made the announcement on Instagram showing a sign which read “Dream big River”.

Quite sure they already announced that a couple of weeks ago.

Steven Hill, who played the leader of the original Mission: Impossible series in 1966 and District Attorney Adam Schiff in Law & Order from 1990 to 2000, has died aged 94.

I was only watching series one episodes of Mission Impossible last night and was shocked to discover Peter Graves hadn’t starred in it from the start. Had to google Steven Hill to find out who he was and the reason why he wasn’t in the series after the first season. I remember watching the odd episode of the original series in the '70s and '80s and always associated Peter Graves as being the team leader. Loved the 1980s revival of the show that was made in Australia. Spotting the Aussie actors in guest roles was always fun.

1 Like