Matches, Hatches, Dispatches

Not just spotting the actors but also seeing local sites dressed up as exotic international locations… and i liked Jane Badler from the V days :kissing_heart:

I’d only seen the occasional episode of the original when Channel 10 showed reruns during the day and I might have had a day off school.

Gene Wilder, best known for his role in Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, has died at 83 from complications of Alzheimer’s Disease. He also starred Mel Brooks classics in the 1970s, including Blazing Saddles, Young Frankenstein and The Producers.

2 significant media deaths this morning - Ken Sparkes, voice of 9 and Norman May, ABC extraordinairre.

ABC’s former head of entertainment Michael Shrimpton has died after a battle with cancer. Shrimpton created Countdown with director Robbie Weekes and host Ian ‘Molly’ Meldrum, and was the show’s executive producer.

The Sound of Music actress Charmian Carr has died aged 73 after complications from a rare form of dementia. Carr played the eldest von Trapp daughter Liesl in the 1965 movie and performed the song Sixteen Going on Seventeen. After leaving the film industry, Carr ran an interior design firm in California.

Actor Mel Gibson, 60, is expecting his ninth child with girlfriend of two years, equestrian vaulter turned scriptwriter Rosalind Ross, 26.
Fairfax Media

When I read the first three words, I nearly fell off my chair, until I realised after reading the rest that he is only expecting another child and didn’t pass away. Thought 2016 had taken another…

3 Likes

Max Walker has passed away…sadly. Aged 68.

NCIS New Orleans Creator and NCIS Executive Producer/Showrunner Gary Glasberg has died aged 50. More here

Agnes Nixon, who created long running US soaps All My Children and One Life to Live, has died aged 93.

BLAKE Lively and Ryan Reynolds have welcomed their second child.
The Daily Telegraph

Radio & Television personality Ben Fordham and his wife Seven newsreader Jodie Speers have become proud parents for the second time,a baby girl Pearl Nellie Fordham was born on Saturday.

2 Likes

Daily Telegraph sports writer Rebecca Wilson has died, aged 54.
More: Daily Telegraph, Sky News, 9News.com.au

Kingswood Country actor Ross Higgins (Ted Bulpitt) has died aged 85.

1 Like

Winners & Losers star Melanie Vallejo welcomes baby boy: Sonny Kingston.

http://www.nova969.com.au/entertainment/clone-winners-losers-star-melanie-vallejo-welcomes-baby-boy

1 Like

Olivia Wilde and Jason Sudeikis have welcomed their second child, Daisy Josephine Sudeikis.

That’s nice.

Who are they?

2 Likes

They are both actors. Wilde is best known for her role of Thirteen in House, while Sudeikis starred in movies like Horrible Bosses.

Dad’s Army creator Jimmy Perry has died at the age of 93. Perry co-wrote the series with David Croft where he drew on his time spent serving in the Home Guard during World War II.Many of the show’s characters were based on real people Perry had met, including Corporal Jones.

Pete Burns, frontman of '80s UK band Dead Or Alive, dead at 57
SMH