Matches, Hatches, Dispatches

Abe Vigoda, who we oldies will remember from Barney Miller and The Godfather, has died at 94.

Tyra Banks (America’s next Top Model) had a baby using a surrogate.
Entertainment Tonight

Louis Tomlinson & ex-girlfriend Brianna Jungwirth name their baby
Capital FM

For a minute there, I thought they called their kid Capital FM! :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing:

That kid will get all the 10-17 year old girls when he’s older.

Weekend Today host Deborah Knight has given birth to her third child!
WS FM

Veteran BBC broadcaster Sir Terry Wogan has died aged 77

BBC story

That’s sad. He made Eurovision great for so many years.

Miss Marple actress Geraldine McEwan has died aged 82

@JBar l 'm quite sure Geraldine died in January last year

Oops. Apologies. :blush: Something wacky going on with my news feed today.

Maurice White, who founded Earth Wind & Fire, has died. He was 74.

@JBar so who else died this time last year :wink:

Don’t know. But my confidence at reporting died last night. :wink:

2 Likes

George Gaynes, the building manager from Punky Brewster (or Funky Rooster as it was known at my school) and the Police Academy films, has died. He was 98.

1 Like

Such a late reply but Infinity 1990 and 2008 were both real good tunes. It’s such an obscure song to find and I found it the week after his untimely death :frowning:

The amazing Harper Lee, author of To Kill A Mockingbird, has died aged 89.

Mob Wives fan favourite Angela Raiola, aka “Big Ang”, lost her battle with cancer in the early hours of this morning.

Foxtel offers our deepest condolences to her family and friends.

The loss will devastate followers of the show, which airs in Australia on Foxtel’s Arena.

“Angela Raiola was an incredibly strong, one-of-a-kind woman who taught us all to enjoy life to the fullest,” said Michael Cilnis, a spokesman for VH1 which produces the program.

Introduced to audiences in Season 2, Big Ang asserted herself among her fellow Mob Wives, with a strong presence and larger-than-life character.

Her passing was announced in a statement on her official twitter page.

"In typical Big Ang fashion, we know she would say “Love you my babies”, said friend Vinnie Medugno on behalf of the reality star’s family.

Ang was surrounded by family and friends in her final moments.

Her family has asked for privacy and peace during this most difficult time.

Tony Burton, who played Duke in the Rocky films, has died at 78.

FECK!!!

Frank Kelly, star of Father Ted and the most amazing 12 Days of Christmas you’ll ever hear, has died. He was 77.

Remarkably, the actor passed away exactly 18 years after the death of his Father Ted co-star Dermot Morgan.
Morgan died on Sunday 28 February 1998. His son, Don Morgan, tweeted about the coincidence of the date.

George Kennedy, from Cool Hand Luke fame, has died aged 91.