Matches, Hatches, Dispatches

Are you trying to crack onto me? :stuck_out_tongue:

I just think the person has to at least be notable to be worth mentioning otherwise, where do we draw the line?

Nah. Just concerned you’re dining out alone amongst the loved up couples on V Day. I’m used to dining alone because I travel a bit through the week for work but always find it slightly sad and humiliating to dine solo on Feb 14.

Always looking at Seb Costello’s Nine News reports with a critical eye because of his pedigree. Kind of relieved to hear he seems to be in a happy place and have his shit together after that slip up last year.

2 Likes

I still don’t know who he is. What did he do?

Fox Sports presenter Tara Rushton has revealed she is expecting her first child with husband and Sydney Roosters star Cooper Cronk.

This is a media forum and the guy works in the media and he has been mentioned in Nine news reporters & presenters thread.
You obviously don’t watch Nine News @JBar.

3 Likes

American Evangelist Billy Graham has died aged 99. Graham made four visits to Australia, with his appearance at the MCG in 1959 attracting 130,000 people, still the venue’s biggest crowd ever.

3 Likes

He was such an icon for Christianity in general, particularly in the evangelical sector. I’ve always been amazed at how much he was able to achieve, even in his aging years. RIP Billy.

received_10214038695334913

2 Likes

the coverage of his 1969 crusade in Melbourne was also considered the largest colour TV production in Australia to date, as ATV0 had shipped in $1 million worth of equipment including cameras borrowed from a Canadian TV station, to produce four one-hour programs that would be syndicated across 600 stations across the United States, reaching an estimated audience of 50 million.

It is unclear, though, if the programs were shown in Australia but if they were they would have been broadcast in black and white

3 Likes

A lot of reportage on the 1959 crusade at the MCG, do you know where the 1969 one was held in Melbourne?

I knew of the record crowd from 59, but never realised how many trips he made to Australia.

Every night over 10 days at the Myer Music Bowl and a final rally at the MCG.

I think he came back to Australia again in 1979?

1 Like

Trove shows that they were on SAS10 and WIN4 in October 1969, so presumably they were on other channels too.

If it was broadcast in Australia, I’d imagine there would have had to be some sort of standards conversion because the equipment brought in from Canada would have been NTSC?

Sad

British director Lewis Gilbert has died at 97. He directed not only three James Bond films: You Only Live Twice, The Spy Who Loved Me and Moonraker, but also award-winning films such as Alfie, Educating Rita and Shirley Valentine.

Rodger Bannister, the first man to run a sub 4 minute mile has died at 88 according to CNN