Matches, Hatches, Dispatches

Sky News (UK): Former English cricketer Graeme Thorpe has died age 55

1 Like

Daily Mail has reported that Pam Caralis has died

4 Likes
3 Likes

One of the few English batters that consistently scored well against Australia in the 90s. Apparently he was ill for some time. RIP.

2 Likes
5 Likes

Lest We Forget

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like

Most recently as a journalist at The Sunday Telegraph in Sydney, Hansen was diagnosed with glioblastoma 18 months ago.

3 Likes

As mentioned at the end of The Front Bar tonight, sports writer and journalist Sam Lane gave birth to her first child, a girl named Pearl, last week.

https://www.instagram.com/samjanelane/p/C-UpjJ-ylDS/

4 Likes
5 Likes

I keep seeing “Jennifer” rather than Jane but that’s my age and the fact I grew up out Mitcham/Nunawading way.

Former YouTube CEO Susan Wojcicki has passed away from lung cancer.
https://x.com/sundarpichai/status/1822132667959386588

2 Likes
6 Likes

This is even sadder.

“Despite glimpses of hope and of the old Graham, he continued to suffer from depression and anxiety, which at times got very severe. We supported him as a family and he tried many, many treatments but unfortunately none of them really seemed to work. Graham was renowned as someone who was very mentally strong on the field and he was in good physical health. But mental illness is a real disease and can affect anyone.”

If you or someone you know need help, please call Lifeline on 13 11 14

9 Likes
1 Like
2 Likes
1 Like

Former My Kitchen Rules contestant Carly Saunders has given birth to a boy named Sunny Lars. It’s the second child of Carly and her wife Tresne Middleton after their daughter Poppy died from leukaemia last year.

1 Like

Jock has been dating India for more than four years and got engaged in 2022, hosting an engagement party in Deniliquin, NSW, at the time.

They first met in high school but didn’t actually speak to each other until years later, when they were introduced by mutual friends just before the Covid pandemic.

1 Like