Matches, Hatches, Dispatches

I always get really apprehensive seeing this thread has new posts and wondering if it’s going to be upsetting news. Glad there’s some good news.

9 Likes

Johnny Ruffo has passed away from cancer. Aged 35.

A statement was posted on his insta. Really sad, was a great guy through his battles. I actually googled last week to try and see how he was going.

Condolences to his friends and family.

4 Likes
1 Like

We all knew his passing was inevitable but it’s still a shock when the time comes. He was so talented, such a shame he didn’t get the chance to show the world what he could do. Condolences to Tahnee, his family and friends.

5 Likes

Just read about it snow . Definitely sad . I was really hoping for a better outcome . 35 is so young in my opinion. I wish cancer just could fuck off already .

Condolences to his friends , those worked with him and family.

6 Likes

Of course you would say something like that.

Vale, Johnny Ruffo. We have lost a few big names in the last couple of days

3 Likes

Seven News has a report on Johnny Ruffo’s death.

https://twitter.com/7NewsMelbourne/status/1722876686021398788

3 Likes

Just devastating, unbelievable news, as shocked today as I was the other week with Matthew Perry, bar the global fame factor. What a battle he went through, life is not fair sometimes, just the biggest question mark. So bloody young again. And what talent, at the height of FTA too and multiple shows on one network, H&A actually seemed to be where he ended up shining most. Can’t imagine the pain of all his family, friends including former colleagues we’d also know and all his fans, including the public following his cancer journey since 2017. Nice touch by Seven this coming Tuesday too and expect it’ll pull an audience (more than BB surely). RIP Johnny Ruffo :pray: :cry:

5 Likes
5 Likes

Congrats to the happy couple! :grinning:

1 Like

Now the big question: who will the kids play for? :thinking: :joy:

1 Like

Sad to hear of the passing of Patrick Smith this evening, one of the giants of sports journalism. Any paper with his column in it was worth the cover price. A long association with SEN and the ABC prior to that during football pre game shows. A thinking person’s columnist.

2 Likes

Barnaby Joyce weds ex-staffer Vikki Campion at ‘bush bash’ wedding

Former Nationals leader Barnaby Joyce and ex-staffer Vikki Campion have said ‘I do,’ at an intimate “bush bash” wedding, affectionately described by one guest as a “bachelor and spinster ball”.

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like

The state memorial for Barry Humphries will be held at Sydney Opera House on Friday, December 15 at 11am AEDT. It will be open to the public, with tickets to be available from Opera House website from 2pm AEDT tomorrow (November 17).

1 Like

Seven sports commentator James Brayshaw married his partner of six years, Lisa Christie, in Perth yesterday. The party continued at Rottnest Island on Saturday.

UPDATED 19/11/2023

2 Likes

Natalie Bassingthwaighte has revealed in a interview with Stellar magazine that she is in a same sex relationship following her recent split with husband and fellow Rogue Traders, Cameron McGlinchey,

https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/books-magazines/magazines/natalie-bassingthwaighte-finds-new-love-with-woman-after-split-from-husband/news-story/bbdf5ef05057812871942a304981a538

5 Likes

ok?