Matches, Hatches, Dispatches

Ray Wilke former TVO weather presenter passed away a couple of days ago at the age of 98. 4BC news reporting.

6 Likes

British novelist Martin Amis has died aged 73

1 Like

Report on Seven tonight at end of weatherby Tony Auden reflecting that Ray was a TV pioneer, the first TV weather presenter to move from the Bureau of Meteorology (as Tony had done).

Video

2 Likes

It was announced tonight on The Project that Hamish MacDonald married Jacob Fitzroy today.

4 Likes

Congratulations to you both.
Saw them together at Byron a few years back and they seemed like a lovely couple.

1 Like

Where would newsrooms be without Youtube :roll_eyes:

1 Like

The state memorial service for Barry Humphries will be held at the Sydney Opera House on Friday, December 15.

I don’t know much about state memorial services in general, but why is the Barry Humphries one in December? Shouldn’t it be “soon after” his death?

1 Like

I guess that’s why they’re calling it a state memorial servuce and not a state funeral. It can be held anytime after the funeral. The one for Olivia Newton-John was months after her funeral too.

2 Likes

Aaaah, yes. I can see that now. Thanks for the clarification.

2 Likes
1 Like
2 Likes
4 Likes

Some good news to end the day!

6 Likes

I share the same birth date with him March 30th, :confused:(not the same year obviously)

2 Likes

I guess this question has been answered. Rot in Hell you rock spider.

1 Like

Sad news in the case of the dementia sufferer who got tased by Police.

5 Likes