Matches, Hatches, Dispatches

Hasn’t this year hurt us enough already. Now John. :frowning:

Devastated. Will hold a moment silence at quiz tonight as there are many in that age group who appreciated his work and humour.

1 Like

Sad news regarding John Hamblin. He was an icon on Play School.

1 Like

Remiss of the 7pm ABC News NSW bulletin not to include at least a brief mention of John Hamblin’s death in the bulletin last night.

3 Likes

Even The Project managed to do it in its first half hour

2 Likes

Still no news on the state memorial service for Olivia Newton-John?
Wondering if this is still going ahead.
I realise the death of the Queen and now the footy finals have/will now dominate the news.

I understand it’s going ahead but I don’t believe it will be a state memorial. Her family want to charge admission to raise funds for her cancer charity, however you can’t charge people to attend state memorials.

Darn. So little chance of it being televised for the rest of the public.

No, I believe it will still be televised, it just won’t have the same formalities that are required in state funerals.

1 Like

While a state funeral would be fitting, I’m sure Olivia would be supportive of raising every dollar possible for cancer research and support.
Her legacy lives on.

1 Like

10 News First paid tribute tonight to long time Perth Journalist Nick Way who recently lost his battle with Motor Neurone Disease, a small package was voiced by Ali Donaldson.

1 Like

Update:

2 Likes

Oh that’s very sad.

Last night’s episode of The Amazing Race Australia was dedicated to his memory.

Would have been her 74th birthday today.

1 Like

This was in today’s Herald Sun:

It is believed the official State memorial for Newton-John will be held in December with the Victorian Government and the national treasure’s family finalising the plans for the celebration of the Hopelessly Devoted To You star’s life as an entertainer, philanthropist and wellness campaigner.

2 Likes

Thank you