Matches, Hatches, Dispatches

I don’t really see the issue. She was more known for her work in music and film and will no doubt be acknowledged in the Grammy and Oscar ceremonies.

7 Likes

I agree. In America, she’s more known as a singer and movie star.

Here in Australia, different story, as she did some tv stints in her early days (like “TV-Music shows”).

Olivia also hosted the lifestyle series Wild Life on 9 in the 1990s.

1 Like

Former VFL president Dr Allen Aylett, who was regarded by many as the father of the national competition, had died.

1 Like

Have heard nothing as yet…

1 Like

Philanthropist and social worker Anne Kantor, sister of Rupert Murdoch, has died at 86.

Kantor was a long-term supporter of the public policy think-tank The Australia Institute, which runs two fellowship programs named after her – The Anne Kantor Fellowship (General) and the Anne Kantor Young Women ­Environmentalists Fellowship.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victoria/great-australian-philantropist-anne-kantor-dies-at-86/news-story/7d4b6b58777dd79d56f33ada882284d0

1 Like
3 Likes

Alive during the Great War, although only a baby then. Not long until we have none left.

2 Likes

John Hamblin, best known from almost 30 years on Play School, has died at age 87

12 Likes

That makes me so sad. My all time favourite Play School presenter.

10 Likes

Hasn’t this year hurt us enough already. Now John. :frowning:

1 Like

Devastated. Will hold a moment silence at quiz tonight as there are many in that age group who appreciated his work and humour.

2 Likes

Sad news regarding John Hamblin. He was an icon on Play School.

2 Likes

Remiss of the 7pm ABC News NSW bulletin not to include at least a brief mention of John Hamblin’s death in the bulletin last night.

4 Likes

Even The Project managed to do it in its first half hour

https://twitter.com/theprojecttv/status/1572506848934203393?t=6tcMmNl38_EqVpfWyTEr2Q&s=19

3 Likes

Still no news on the state memorial service for Olivia Newton-John?
Wondering if this is still going ahead.
I realise the death of the Queen and now the footy finals have/will now dominate the news.

I understand it’s going ahead but I don’t believe it will be a state memorial. Her family want to charge admission to raise funds for her cancer charity, however you can’t charge people to attend state memorials.