Matches, Hatches, Dispatches

Ash London, who ended her Hit Network radio show a few weeks ago, gave birth to a boy named Buddy on the weekend.

5 Likes

And the Club John Elliott Made a Name of until he Cheated the Salary Cap in the Early 2000’s had become one of the Least Successful Teams in the AFL both Emotionally & Physically.

1 Like

Back in the 90’s i was heavily involved in the carlton footy club - first as a cheer squad member as a teen, than getting my first job in the merchandise shop at Princess Park.

Through this i formed friendships with a lot of the people around the club -Kernahan, Silvanani and jesaulenko especilly, but i got to know Elliott and often, once the public left after a home game he’d shout the bar for all the people who worked games

1 Like
1 Like

Remember him more for being the former husband of Bold and the Beautiful actress Hunter Tylo.

Includes a tribute statement from David Letterman himself.

2 Likes

Sad to hear about the passing of Alan Kalter. Sadly, not many “tv announcers” will be remembered, but Kalter will be remembered. His jokes, sketches and antics on the Late Show with David Letterman were great and funny.

1 Like

Daniel Doody from Studio 10 and his wife Joanne have welcomed the arrival of their second son Arlo Isaac Doody.

2 Likes
1 Like
1 Like
1 Like

Amy Sheppard, a member of Brisbane group Sheppard, tied the knot with her long-time boyfriend at the Whitsundays.

Sad. Another Conservative MP stabbed at a constituency surgery at a local church. Passed away.

I know everyone has their own political views and but still anyone attacked for doing their job and losing their is heart-breaking.

3 Likes

Once again, it’s another person I had never heard of but just reading the news stories and the tributes from those who knew them you can usually gauge how decent of a person they were and this one seems to have an overwhelming sense of shock and sadness and all tributes mentioned a genuinely nice and caring person.
No matter what your job, everybody has the right to return home at the end of the day. I’m glad the person has been arrested but it’s concerning that this happens far too often to British MP’s.

3 Likes

Something just came up in my Facebook feed saying that Des McKenna, AKA ‘Animal’ from Hey Hey passed away recently in Thailand. Apparently his cremation will be held tomorrow.

1 Like
1 Like

He also lobbied for invading Iraq under false pretences and started a war that cost the US $2 trillion and countless lives…

2 Likes