Matches, Hatches, Dispatches

4 Likes

In sad news, former 7 News presenter Bill McDonald’s wife and mother to their 4 boys passed away early this morning after a battle with cancer.

6 Likes

Federal Attorney-General Mark Dreyfus’s wife of 44 years, Deborah, has died after a very long battle with cancer, Prime Minister Anthony Albanese revealed this morning.

https://www.news.com.au/national/politics/prime-minister-confirms-attorneygeneral-mark-dreyfus-wife-deborah-has-passed-away/news-story/dcdf15d2b18ccbf565d9cb16222d45ac

2 Likes

I really hate using this word publicly so language warning but #fuckcancer

It’s the only thing that can be said. Takes so many decent people.

7 Likes
1 Like

9Go! running Fools Rush In tonight (licenced by Sony), his first mainstream film in the late 90s alongside Salma Hayek (who’d become a star after Desperado a couple of years before - also Antonio Banderas’ breakout), as Seinfeld was ending and Friends started growing rapidly. Arguably his second best/favourite feature to The Whole Nine Years.

1 Like

TVNZ (or 2, can’t remember which one) ran The Whole Nine Yards last night but the ad for it was a bit weird, like it was all happy and the ad they’d have been playing for it at any time. I probably would have expected a bit of a different VO for it or tone if they were scheduling it after Perry’s passing.

2 Likes

Seven AFL presenter Abbey Holmes tied the knot with former Hawthorn player Keegan Brooksby at Uluru yesterday.

UPDATE

4 Likes

I always get really apprehensive seeing this thread has new posts and wondering if it’s going to be upsetting news. Glad there’s some good news.

9 Likes

Johnny Ruffo has passed away from cancer. Aged 35.

A statement was posted on his insta. Really sad, was a great guy through his battles. I actually googled last week to try and see how he was going.

Condolences to his friends and family.

4 Likes
1 Like

We all knew his passing was inevitable but it’s still a shock when the time comes. He was so talented, such a shame he didn’t get the chance to show the world what he could do. Condolences to Tahnee, his family and friends.

5 Likes

Just read about it snow . Definitely sad . I was really hoping for a better outcome . 35 is so young in my opinion. I wish cancer just could fuck off already .

Condolences to his friends , those worked with him and family.

6 Likes

Of course you would say something like that.

Vale, Johnny Ruffo. We have lost a few big names in the last couple of days

3 Likes

Seven News has a report on Johnny Ruffo’s death.

https://twitter.com/7NewsMelbourne/status/1722876686021398788

3 Likes

Just devastating, unbelievable news, as shocked today as I was the other week with Matthew Perry, bar the global fame factor. What a battle he went through, life is not fair sometimes, just the biggest question mark. So bloody young again. And what talent, at the height of FTA too and multiple shows on one network, H&A actually seemed to be where he ended up shining most. Can’t imagine the pain of all his family, friends including former colleagues we’d also know and all his fans, including the public following his cancer journey since 2017. Nice touch by Seven this coming Tuesday too and expect it’ll pull an audience (more than BB surely). RIP Johnny Ruffo :pray: :cry:

5 Likes
5 Likes

Congrats to the happy couple! :grinning:

1 Like

Now the big question: who will the kids play for? :thinking: :joy:

1 Like