Matches, Hatches, Dispatches

It hasn’t been a great few years for Home and Away, losing former stars Cornelia Frances, Ben Unwin and now Dieter Brummer, as well as guest cast member Jessica Falkholt who passed away in horrific circumstances. RIP to all.

4 Likes
3 Likes

Vale: Brian Henderson.

2 Likes

Refer to thread:

3 Likes

He was the father of Kate Gorman (Neighbours) and grandfather of Olivia Deeble (Home and Away).

1 Like

Olivia Deeble paid tribute to her grandfather on Instagram.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CSLv9XIpbRS/

With great sadness and yet also love and gratitude of a blessed life, that I have to share that my wonderful grandfather has left us, after a valiant 2 year fight with cancer.

I know it will be a shock for some of you that didn’t know he was unwell, he didn’t actually feel that unwell through it all and was certainly himself in all aspects except for the pain, he remained this way right up until yesterday. He had a great birthday on Monday stretched over 2 days where he talked, sang, told jokes, did a little stand up comedy and laughed, laughing right till the end.

Sadly I am in another state so was unable to be with him, I did however share a beautiful moment over face time and was able to say goodbye.

My family and his wonderful wife were by his side in his powerful presence until the end.

Da was a friend to all, no matter who you were it did not matter as long as you could speak or listen Reg had nothing but love, compassion and a story to tell. I have Da to thank for my purpose in life, my first introduction to the stage was along side him as we performed an improvisation gag with him when I was about 3. His last gig was back in February of this year in a TV series I created that was directed by my mother and produced by my aunt myself and mum. A beautiful bow wrapped on the sensational career he had, finished with his family who he taught his trade to.

He would always say to me, ‘whatever you do olivia never stop writing and creating’. And I promise I never will, thank you for giving me and your two daughters light and love for the arts.

Thank you for everything darling Da.

I love a comedian, and what a comedian you were.

He was also the winner of the Reg Gorman look-a-like contest in The Olden Days.

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like
4 Likes

Very sad to hear the news. I will always remember his hosting of 3AW afternoons and his support for Western Bulldogs.

Womens footy pioneer Helen Lambert has died.

2 Likes

Nine’s Late News just had a nice piece on Ernie Sigley.

This morning, Peter Ford did a piece too - on The Morning Show. They even talked about his time on rivals Channel Nine. Also about his morning tv stint in the 1990s.

2 Likes