MasterChef Australia

3 Likes

Tenplay Marquee sounds interesting.

2 Likes

Looks like a dozen cameras are set up to create a panoramic photo.

Or they are creating a tracking shot digitally.

This afternoon I went to Southbank to find the MasterChef stand but it was nowhere to be seen. I asked a female staff of Melbourne Food and Wine Festival if she had seen it. She had no clue so she asked a colleague who was walking by. The colleague called her boss and then told me the Tenplay marquee people dismantled it and left early due to the windy weather.

1 Like

First promo aired tonight during Bachelor in Paradise. Looks good. If past seasons are to go by, we will see the first lot of top 24 contestants in the promo.

6 Likes

Video

2 Likes
1 Like

The promo just felt like anything that we’ve seen before. Nothing that exciting.

2 Likes

Dear god. Such an over dramatic promo. It’s food ffs, not curing cancer.

Sacrifices. Yep pretty much what everyone does on a daily basis.

As for the fancy food as their audition piece, savor the moment because 99 per cent of the rest of the time it’s just rushed, tarted up crap that really anyone could do in the time limit with a good knowledge of food.

I do like MS, but’s its a bit of fluff with cooking.

I’ll be watching as usual but I hope they mix things up a bit more this year. It’s pretty predictable at this point and I hope the awful immunity pin challenge gets a drastic makeover.

Contestants will plate up for Prince Charles

2 Likes

Will other media be allowed in? I’m guessing not.

There may not be even a press release from NT Government on the official reception.

1 Like
1 Like

His Royal Highness The Prince of Wales To Welcome MasterChef Australia To A Royal Reception.

MasterChef Australia Season 10.

Coming Soon

Australia’s premier cooking show MasterChef Australia will receive a royal touch as The Prince of Wales takes part in an episode to be filmed as part of its 10th remarkable season.

His Royal Highness The Prince of Wales will welcome MasterChef Australia judges Matt Preston, Gary Mehigan and George Calombaris to a reception for 150 guests at the Royal Flying Doctor Service base in Darwin tomorrow, catered for by this year’s contestants.

The reception is being hosted by Northern Territory Chief Minister, Michael Gunner, and the MasterChef Australia contestants have been set the challenge of catering the reception for His Royal Highness’s guests.

Gary Mehigan said: “The Prince of Wales has always been an advocate for the environment and sustainability. He is well-known as a supporter of local producers and locally sourced produce.

“With this in mind, the challenge for our contestants is to respect and reflect his philosophy and use native and indigenous flavours along with other locally sourced ingredients.

“It is not only an enormous privilege and a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to cook for His Royal Highness’s reception, but a challenge too,” he said.

In what is already a season full of surprises – with internationally renowned, Michelin-starred chef Gordon Ramsay confirmed to appear alongside returning guest and domestic goddess Nigella Lawson – a royal reception is the icing on the cake.

4 Likes

Well they’ve certainly pulled out the big guns this season. Looking forward to it.

1 Like

I’m guessing MC will start after MKR finishes?

It will start early to mid May like it usually does.

2 Likes

Doesn’t it normally start last week in April or first week in May? I think it will be later this year due to MKR finishing later.