MasterChef Australia

Tell em good luck with that :wink:

Well, with statements like this, I certainly won’t be taking your post seriously. You literally have an agenda (or are saying the protesters have an agenda) whereby all humans turn vegan, LOL!

1 Like

I don’t know what you think repeating the word “passionate” means about anything.

If I, with an “opposing view” to you on this issue, went down to the Sth Melb market, screaming on television while holding a placard demanding that people DO eat meat, you’d be the first (quite rightly) to call me crazy.

In fact, let alone me doing that, you don’t even like the fact I made a similar point on an internet message board.

Ah, hypocrisy, always so with the left.

1 Like

I don’t have an agenda, just trying to plays devils advocate :slight_smile:

Where did I bring politics up in this at all?

1 Like

They can be both passionate and crazy the vegan protestors. I feel sorry for the people who went there to enjoy it, rather than the protestors putting signs in your face, which can be off putting.

1 Like

Kinda sad if you’re going to allow people promoting their opinion or evidence at a reality cooking show event to ruin your day. I highly doubt that was anyone’s intention :slight_smile:

I don’t know if you’re implying it…but not MY day.

As for the people at the event…well, I hardly think the protesters went there to quietly, discreetly, have a word in someone’s ear…

1 Like

A radical reformation of societal behaviour (in this case what people eat), such that “everyone will turn vegan”, achieved through the means of protest, is quite literally left wing politics.

What you’re discussing is politics. You’re mistaken in assuming that because you didn’t mention the words Liberal or Labor, that you weren’t talking politics.

I found tonight’s ep to be one of the best eliminations so far (watched it via DVR after the footy) :grinning:

Goes to show not every elimination needs to have a guest chef with a 100 step convoluted extravaganza!

The three rounds, focussing on one core ingredient, but having only a limited number (6) of that ingredient (eggs) was intriguing.

So interesting to see each contestant’s strategy and how they performed in each round.

Unfortunatey, errors and attention cost Jess, also shocking me that she repeated the same dish as Round 1 and FAILED a 2nd time!

Callan was so lucky and I’m glad he’s safe, takented.

Pete pulled another last minute saviour out the bag.

Looking forward to Ottolenghi week :ok_hand: The new Marco?

2 Likes

Exactly. I like swallowing sausages as much as anyone, but I know a few vegetarians and vegans and they’re completely normal people.

3 Likes

Like I mentioned previously I was there and it did ruin the vibe. Plus of course it was their intention to kind of hijack the whole thing. They were there in droves to try and force their message in everyone’s face and on national television.

2 Likes

###MasterChef Australia Welcomes Yotam Ottolenghi To The Kitchen.

Ottolenghi Week Starts Sunday 4 June At 7.30pm.

The master of Middle Eastern cuisine, chef Yotam Ottolenghi, enters the MasterChef Australia kitchen on Sunday, 4 June for an entire week to inspire, delight and mentor the remaining 15 contestants.

One of the most-loved and respected chefs in the world, the Israeli-born, London-based chef-restaurateur will join judges Matt Preston, Gary Mehigan and George Calombaris in what promises to be the most delicious week ever.

With over three million cookbooks sold around the world, the superstar chef has put vegetarian cuisine back in the spotlight and has transformed the way people cook, eat and view Mediterranean food.

Kicking off on Sunday with a mystery box full of some of Yotam’s favourite ingredients, the contestants have 75 minutes to plate-up a delicious dish. Monday night will see three contestants in a pressure test where they must recreate five classic Yotam dishes in just one hour.

In Tuesday’s immunity challenge, in the ultimate taste test contestants must guess 25 ingredients in Yotam’s famous pastilla dish. With so much at stake, who will cook off against the professional chef?

The contestants have their work cut out for them in Wednesday’s team challenge, where they must cook a vegetarian feast fit for the most die-hard meat lovers.

On Thursday, Ottolenghi Week wraps up with an elimination challenge in which three contestants will cook to stay in the competition, followed by a must-see Ottolenghi MasterClass full of flavoursome dishes.

3 Likes

Of course they were. Jeez some discussions on here go down unnecessary rabbit holes.

1 Like

Never even heard of him. I have a feeling he might have popped up on Masterchef once before but not for an entire week. I guess they desperately need some big names as it seems they didn’t get Nigella back and of course no Marco either.

1 Like

Eliminated contestant on Studio 10

2 Likes

I want 16 year old Morgan Hipworth (a boy that runs his own well known donut store in Melbourne) to feature on MasterChef!

I’m sure @JohnsonTV has stopped by his store in Windsor every now and again :wink: :yum:

Sorry I only heard of his name once and have never been to his store!

3 Likes

why?

Up your game mate, c’mon.

1 Like

Sorry to see Jess go,I liked her,she was always one for taking risks ,she has great personality

3 Likes