MasterChef Australia

MasterChef twitter account picked-up on the error.

Although as you said, probably wasn’t an editing mistake, but for the huge international audience :+1:

Promo for floating ice cream was well done.

2 Likes

The pototo and the contestants’ cooking method played a major part in last night’s elimination challenge. First, a contestant chose the wrong variety of potato (kipfler) which affected the texture of his chips. Most of the time potatoes need to be parboiled before they are fried or baked to get the crispy chips. Michelle baked the chips before parboiling them and they came out oily, and when she found out and made a new batch, it was too late. Michelle and Jess fought back in the second round with their respective dishes (vegetarian curry, and a dessert of potato dumplings with burnt chocolate ganache and balsamic jelly) impressing the judges.

1 Like

I can’t believe Ben was saved a second time. Both his dishes were poor. Not to mention what he delivered last week. Why was he picked for the show? His motormouth narration skills?

Further, the girl that didn’t know last night how to do chips - (and admitted she hadn’t cooked anything savoury in the competition yet!) - why is she on the show?

1 Like

Well I would have much preferred the Josh stay and Ben left but they pretty much had no choice but to eliminate Josh if his entire dish wasn’t cooked properly. Only 1 of Ben’s donuts was raw.

What do you mean why is she on the show? She was impressive at the judges auditions and made a great dish last night, that’s why.

Do those promo’s mean that the floating ice cream is next Monday? I hope they ar enot overhyping one dish weeks in advance.

1 Like

Cool. Making a great dish last night is why she’s on the show, yep.

Obviously she did a lot more than that, like I mentioned her impressive audition. I’m not sure what point you are trying to make.

Herald Sun website has an exclusive look at the Melbourne house this season’s contestants stayed in. When the show moved to Melbourne in 2013 contestants stayed in Caulfield North, Brighton and Deepdene. This house was the fourth to be rented for the show. The article can be found here
I feel sorry for Pia, who was so calmed during the cooking until the last minute when she seared the scallops and forgot to put most of other components on her plate, leaving an incomplete dish. The mystery box curse struck again, this time it was Ray whose crayfish was undercooked after he chose smoking as the cooking technique. They were joined by Pete who made a red emperor dish but did not have enough smoke in the broth. Overall, I think this was the “easiest” mystery box and invention test as long as the contestants understood the flavours and textures of the ingredients.

2 Likes

You should try out next year Johnson you seem to know your stuff.

1 Like

Missed last nights ep (my least fav night anyway), happens a few times each year.

However I was DISGUSTED with Ten Play.

Anyone else have constant issues?

Same ad replaying over and over and then it just stops?

You try to re-load and skip but it won’t let you or just goes back to the start.

Poor quality too.

So note to self… Try to remember to DVR instead next time :frowning:

Yeah. I often have problems rewatching the Project. I get to the first ‘ad’ break and it basically freezes. I just ended up recording it or watching the late night repeat.

7plus is just as bad though. Actually worse. I never get sound.

1 Like

MasterChef won’t be airing 7pm Sundays anymore, the network has decided enough is enough. So therefore the show now airs 7.30 Sunday to Thursday with Bull now at 9.10.

1 Like

I was one of those who called for the 7pm start for MasterChef, so I am disappointed with the decision. Why should Ten give The Voice and House Rules a 30 minute headstart? The show’s ratings may get even worse.
This will also affect the scheduling of F1 races covered by Ten in the next few weeks (including the Monaco Grand Prix).

I would say Ten have based that decision on the minute to minute ratings, seeing a higher audience in the second half of the show. On both Sundays Ten’s media releases have mentioned the rating for the second half of the program.

2 Likes

It’s a shame they haven’t yet come up with a compelling 6-7pm solution for Sunday’s leading into whatever stripped reality show is airing to be on par schedule wise and try to be competitive with the competition, giving the other networks a 30 min head start and airing more filler type programming (which is surely to be a repeat) surely can’t be the better option here :thinking:

1 Like

Surely Madterchef at 7pm rates higher than anything else ten can put at 7pm…

Odd decision.

I guess do it now, rather than weeks down the track.

Last year MasterChef was averaging ~800k+ at 7:30pm on Sundays, perhaps hence the reversal?

If you watch on a PC, just use an add blocker, problem solved. :wink:

1 Like

I record the show on my Foxtel IQ3 set top box,then I can zip through the ads really quickly.Ray cooked great in the mystery box challenge and had the advantage going into the invention test than blew it,finished in the Bottom 3.Today I spotted a bus with the smiling faces of Gary,George and Matt on the side of it.Have also spotted billboard advertising for MC lately

1 Like

Tonight’s “Rita” cake (was one of most challenging pressure tests in recent years, in terms of complexity and structure. However, when my father (a retired pastry chef) saw the cake on TV, he dismissed it as rubbish because it was a bad mix of meringue and ginger cake, saying he would not re-create it even if he was given a recipe. You can find out more about the cake here
It was very close between the three contestants so it came down to small details. Pia was eliminated because her bavarois was too dense, partly caused by her using an electric mixer instead of hand mixing during the cooking process. She could have made the top 20 had she maintained her cooking form and not made mistakes during crucial times.

2 Likes