MasterChef Australia

I wonder what would happen if a contestant knocked over another’s dish or accidentally did something along those lines. There have been a few incidents with the blast freezer over the years with contestants tripped over each other waiting at the freezer until the last minute.

2 Likes

Marco Pierre White has revealed his rift with Matt Preston was the reason he quit MasterChef and signed with Seven to host Hell’s Kitchen Australia. Marco was disgusted with comments made by Matt on Marco’s son in the British press.
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/south-australia/marco-pierre-white-reveals-feud-with-matt-preston-is-the-reason-he-left-masterchef/news-story/7948a9d992a0256f6461ffec736edb3e

1 Like

You’ve gotta be joking.

After all the lovely things he always said about MasterChef, he lasted 6 or 7 seasons!

Marco left, because Seven waived around a pile of cash at him :wink:

1 Like

Apparently he was just sick of going to Melbourne.

4 Likes

I don’t blame him for being upset. Matt Preston didn’t need to comment on his son.

1 Like

I didn’t see anything wrong with what Matt said.

Obviously Marco did. If I had a child I wouldn’t want my work partner discussing him on national radio.

Talking about personal matters not related to their professional lives, on a radio station no less, is poor form.

4 Likes

But the son had appeared on television on Celebrity Big Brother where he appeared to have sex; Marco White then discussed the events in a number of publications. So, calling it personal is a bit of a stretch.

8 Likes

Some well known media personalities commented on the news today.

This one from 3AW radio’s Dee Dee Dunleavy:

Two different strands:

1. What Matt said is accurate and what everyone else thinks.
  2. Marco still has the right to be irrational and hate Matt for trashing his son and parenting.
3 Likes

Fact is he can be upset about it. I bitch about my family all the time but if someone else that doesn’t know them does I am defensive. It wasn’t Matts place to talk about it. Simple. I agreewith what Matt said Marco Piere White Jnr is a nut case and from watching his season of Big Brother he is very messed up. But Marco has a right to be upset with him even though it might be accurate. Anyway move on not having Marco gives Masterchef the opportunity to find new personalities.

3 Likes

But perhaps Marco didn’t appreciate a co-worker wading into things?

Matt’s a great Masterchef judge but not a great judge of when to make public comments. In any workplace, there’s a time to say something and a time to just MYOB and keep your head down. If Preston overstepped that, Marco has every right to be teed off.

1 Like

Perhaps Marco was lashing out because he was not in control of the situation and needed to be find fault with others to deflect from his son’s actions. If you don’t want something discussed don’t have your son go on national television and have sex while engaged to someone else and then comment on it yourself in national media and then come out and blame the producers of the show for what occurred.

1 Like

You do realise his son is in his 20s. He cant tell him not to go on national tv.

2 Likes

I realise that - all the more reason for it not to be an issue if discussed. It was reported that Marco Snr tried to stop him talking about the family while on Big Brother.

1 Like

Just caught up with the auditions, and, arrrgh, so disappointed that Arum got through, even though it was telegraphed MKR-style for three episodes. He might have a good story but he’s deathly boring. He said “I’m so excited” like he was reading a script. I bet they keep his VTs to a bare minimum because he’s sleep inducing. A prompt elimination is needed.

Emily is the ideal type of MC contestant and it’s a real shame and the show’s loss that she didn’t make it.

Always loved the Sunday Mystery Box + Invention Test :smile: So feel-good!

Bad luck to the three boys, into the Pressure Test tomorrow.

Eliza is killing it, she’s into Tuesday’s celebrity Immunity Challange.

#MasterChefAU trended #1 of the reality shows tonight, a good sign considering it’s a Sunday

Last night’s episode exposed weakness in some contestants: they rely on technology like ice cream maker or blast chiller to make a great dish. Was blast chiller used when the show began in 2009?
I feel Lee was unfairly treated in the invention test. He scrapped snapper from his dish after speaking to the judges, changed it to baked halloumi and went into the bottom 3. Michelle meanwhile put up a whiting and halloumi dish and was highly praised. Bias?

2 Likes

Ive always found that with Masterchef. The judges put their noses into the choice of dish way too often which backfires on the contestants. Its either that or bad editing

2 Likes