MasterChef Australia

How wanky, even for TV marketing types.

But despite that I’d still watch…if it wasn’t for mappy…I may try via tenplay.

1 Like

The tagline for Masterchef has been Ordinary People. Extraordinary Food for the last 4 years.

2 Likes

Yeah I know, but still, it seems a bit over the top.

Returns to our screens on May 1st ,at last

2 Likes

###MasterChef Australia Is Back.

Premieres Monday 1 May At 7.30pm

Network Ten is pleased to announce that the highly anticipated season nine of MasterChef Australia will premiere on Monday, 1 May at 7.30pm.

The new season of the popular and iconic series is ready to deliver amazing food, remarkable stories, inspirational contestants and incredible results.

Matt Preston, George Calombaris and Gary Mehigan are back in the kitchen, helping the contestants turn their dreams into reality. Celebrated chef Shannon Bennett returns as guest mentor, guiding the home cooks through testing times.

Season nine of MasterChef Australia boasts some of Australia’s and the world’s best chefs including the master of Middle Eastern cuisine Yotam Ottolenghi, Heston Blumenthal, Maggie Beer, Anna Polyviou, Curtis Stone, Ben Shewry and David Thompson, set to challenge the Top 24 contestants.

MasterChef Australia has the recipe that will take the contestants closer to achieving their food dreams and changing the course of their lives

3 Likes

Can’t wait, hope it does well, such a quality cooking reality!

I am worried with MKR’s decline, many eps down to numbers MasterChef rates, but maybe that’s just fans resoonding to this MKR season?

Who knows how House Rules & The Voice will perform? Most expect the latter to continue to fall and HR isn’t “high rating” anyway.

I caught the tail end of the MKR season, and it was absolute trash. I think the bitchiness of the show really dragged down the ratings.

Hopefully MC does better.

2 Likes

I just hope each episode will not go severely overtime. Last year most episodes finished way after the scheduled time (e.g. mystery box / invention test episodes on Sundays were scheduled to run until 9pm but often did not finish until 9.15pm or 9.20pm) affecting programs which followed. Ten needs to be mindful of editing and the ad breaks.

1 Like

All the better for Ch 10’s share I say, they need the ratings!

Note:
MasterChef was one of the highest rating 25-54s regular programs in 2016. Something major advertisers, who already flock to cooking realities (with broad demographic appeal), would notice.

Last year had the biggest sponsors, possibly ever:
Coles (like MKR - since day dot), ANZ, Harvey Norman & a few others which I forget.

Btw any word on sponsors? Probably next week?

That white beard on Matt is gross. Who wants to look at that on a cooking programme?

Someone with a beard on a cooking show - how dare they!

I think the beard looks great.

And the ads for this year have been world class. Truely beautiful.

1 Like

If only your spelling was as beautiful. The ads look wanky, elitist, and out of touch.

This is a recent one - I can’t see any of those adjectives applying. It’s subjective, I suppose.

3 Likes

Updated promos

3 Likes

I don’t like the beard on him either

2 Likes

Really? Well that one is almost a parody. How many times are we going to see the MasterChef judges oohing and aahing over a spherical ball, tapping it with a spoon, hoping for a good crunch?

1 Like

One of them is Cadbury, based on their FB advertising today.

1 Like

Cadbury being a sponsor could mean Callebaut chocolates would not be used in cooking challenges this season. Could it affect the quality of desserts which include chocolate?

Another pretty big pick-up (I wonder if it is just the Cadbury brand or their owner Mondelez Australia and all subsidary brands)?

Yes, I’m sure the judges will say the chocolate is more delicious than ever…

1 Like