MasterChef Australia

Or India seems like a no-brainer given the show’s popularity there.

1 Like

That would be epic. India is amazing.

This season seems a bit of an open race on who will be there at the end. Everyone seems to be performing really strongly lately. That dessert Mimi put up last night was amazing. Another case where the editing showed her frazzled and struggling but pulled it off.

Glad to see the back of Brett. For a second last night I thought he might have slipped through, as the judges seem to love his home style cooking. His meat and 3 vege dish looked like something I could easily whip up in the kitchen.

2 Likes

India!!! They have to go to India next year, that would be incredible and the show is massively popular there it would make sense.

Is Indian food a bit too niche though? I could see it for a challenge or two but to do 5 nights of it would be a big call (and favour certain people if they are strong at that). Like even though they were in America… it was still similar style cooking and food options to to what they could do back here.

Does that matter though?

Brett had now returned to his ‘day job’ as an airline captain.If in the future he does decide to open a country pub and serve meals like what he cooked in Thursday nights episode he should do very well.i would eat there,I like home style cooking

Did anyone notice that the MasterChef clock did not make a single appearance during California Week? It was all up to the judges remainding contestants how much time was left.

1 Like

I did now that you just mentioned it

1 Like

Reckon Tonight will be Ten’s for the Taking as Seven’s in Pre-Olympics Mode and Nine’s Recovering from a Voice Grand Final Hangover.

1 Like

I was in Shepparton (regional VIC) over the past 5 days.

I got to see what the new regional networks looked like (Prime7 still looks the same of course).

WIN (during MasterChef) is the exact same, except for the local ads, promos all have WIN logos, watermark is a small WIN watermark & PRG is WIN controlled.

In terms of the sponsor billboards, WIN do have their own, but unlike Ch 10 metro, everyone is the “Coles/Curtis Stone” one (in the MC kitchen).

Local WIN News update around 7:30pm & Ten News Melbourne update around 8:30pm.

I also watched the encore on Friday afternoon (of Thursday’s ep), as I was watching Footy on Thursday night, really good :+1:

Sorry to say but I think Matt is going to take this out. Unfortunate, because he’s been annoying all season.

1 Like

Thank god for that. He was really irritating. I’m surprised he didn’t go earlier.

I’m sure he’s earning more money as an airline pilot that he would ever do running some rural pub.

1 Like

Absolute pain in the backside.

Unfortunately I think you could be right. He has been the stand out since the start. Elena has certainly found her groove over the past few weeks. She could be the surprise packet in the final week.

There have been some very confident, bordering on overconfident, contestants this year. The show has really lacked likeable contestants.

1 Like

I cant say there is a contestant i actually like this year. The cast were very unlikeable.

1 Like

I like Mimi, but she won’t win. I like Elena too, and she has some chance. I think she’ll make the final, but they’ve made up their minds on Matt.

Hopefully Matt is the ‘shock’ elimination producers always like to have (and therefore, not really a shock at all) in finals week. I find him insufferably arrogant. Plus, he is a good ‘actor’ and knows what producers want to hear.

Yeah my thoughts exactly. I don’t think his vision is that unique either. Plenty of country pubs around that serve meat and 3 vege. Plus his dream of his daughters running the floor of his pub might be a bit unrealistic. How many parents hope their kids follow in their footsteps or got a certain way with their career but it never happens. Almost always.

Pretty much the opposite for me. I find I’m liking most of the people remaining, which is strange because usually there is just 1 or 2 people I’m rooting for at this point. Definitely one of my fave finals group. Plus they are all really strong cooks and everyone there has earnt their spot IMO. I would ay that Elena and Harry are probably my least favourites mainly cos I just havn’t warmed to them, but they are still strong cooks.

1 Like

I like those that remain now in finals week, Brett was the last one to leave that I wasn’t a big fan of. But it’s taken my all season to build up a like for the contestants unlike previous seasons where I’ve related or clicked with a contestant from the get go.

A couple of contestants groaned when Harry chose liquid nitrogen for invention test. It showed how important winning the mystery box was. Had others won they would have gone with sous vide machine or smoking gun.
Matt confessed he was not good at making desserts so it was no surprise he was in the bottom three. Tonight’s pressure test involved re-creating Christy Tania’s complex dessert Mistique which was worthy of a grand final contest. If Matt survived this pressure test then the grand final would be a piece of cake, no pun intended.