MasterChef Australia

Yes.

1 Like

suggested a few days ago in this thread that the rights to the song became too expensive

1 Like

That’s a shame really. I won’t be surprised if someone makes a mock intro for this season using Hot N Cold, and post the clip on YouTube.

I also notice that there has not been a single Masterclass so far this season. Did the producers drop it due to cost or lower ratings?

1 Like

No one stands out for me so far either,Kath is very annoying with her ‘Wow’ all the time

Melissa said at the start of tonight’s episode that Theo was sick and would not take part in the team service challenge, so he would miss out on a shot at immunity.

For tonight’s team challenge, one team would have five contestants and the other four. The four-person team would have the first pick of the key ingredient and 3 hours of prep time, while the other team would only have 2.5 hours of prep time.

2 Likes

I always like seeing Curtis Stone as a guest on the show👍

Smoky, Sweet And Very Spicy.

In A Global-First, MasterChef Australia And Coles Roll Out Challenge Winning BarbeRue Sauce To Australian Shelves.

From the MasterChef Australia kitchen to Coles shelves, Paramount ANZ Brand Studio has elevated the 15-season partnership in a global-first activation for the franchise. For the first time in the franchise’s history, MasterChef Australia fans can now bring a taste of TV into their kitchens as contestant Rue’s Mupedzi’s challenge winning BarbeRue Sauce is now available for a limited time at Coles stores around Australia.

Inspired by her love for barbeque sauce, Rue’s BarbeRue Sauce won MasterChef Australia’s immunity challenge and the incredible opportunity to be stocked for a limited time at Coles stores around Australia.

Rue said: “I had never had barbeque sauce before arriving in Australia from Zimbabwe, back in 2009. It wasn’t just a condiment; it was a flavour explosion that transformed ordinary food into a feast. My sauce is smoky, sweet and very spicy; it reminds me of weekends with family around the barbeque, sharing laughs and making memories and I’m hoping BarbeRue Sauce will create the same warm feelings for other families, too.”

“I still can’t believe I have my own sauce. It’s absolutely mind-blowing and I’m so grateful to the judges, MasterChef, Network 10 and of course Coles to have had this life-changing experience. To have my product on Coles shelves for the whole of Australia to try, is truly a dream come true.”

Tamar Hovagimian, Head of Partnerships - Paramount Brand Studio at Paramount ANZ, said: “MasterChef Australia and Coles have been setting the benchmark for seamless brand integration for 15 seasons. It’s only natural that we would partner with Coles to offer consumers the first ever chance to purchase a competition winning condiment and bring a taste of MasterChef into their home cooking. This activation is a global first for the MasterChef brand and we can’t wait for our viewers to try it.”

Carmel Horvath, Head of Sponsorships and Events at Coles, said: “MasterChef Australia has been inspiring what our customers put in their shopping trolleys since 2009. It’s a partnership we are very proud of and one that we continue to build on year after year. We’re thrilled to offer our customers a product pulled directly from a challenge in show and available at Coles the very next day around Australia.”

Marty Benson, Director of Content, Melbourne at Endemol Shine Australia, said: “On MasterChef Australia we always aim to inspire and delight, but this opportunity to collaborate with Coles to fast-track the flavours of the MasterChef kitchen direct to dinner tables around the country takes that ideal to another level. We are incredibly proud to explore exciting new territory for the MasterChef Australia brand and know that the BarbeRue sauce will bring joy to Coles customers Australia-wide.”

Rue’s MasterChef Australia challenge winning BarbeRue Sauce is available for a limited time at Coles stores nationwide. Rue will be making an appearance at Coles Richmond Traders on Friday, 16 June, from 10am to 12pm, where lucky customers can sample her delicious BarbeRue Sauce.

3 Likes

I spotted BarbeRue sauce at Coles after work today. It sells for $5 per bottle. It is made locally by Mon Natural Foods (which also manufactures its own brand of sauces).

1 Like

That sugar content is WILD.

Per 100 ml/g, it has more sugar than coke and 0.4G more sugar than a snickers bar.

2 Likes

0.5 health star rating :flushed: Maybe I’ll stick with the Snickers bar :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes
1 Like

Pretty silly comparison when most people would not have anything remotely close to 100ml of this sauce in one sitting. More like 5-10ml but coke most would have 300ml easily.

Not available at my local Coles :pensive:

It was there for comparison. And it would depend on how liberal you are with your saucing…

But it is still a lot of sugar and would be why it only has a 0.5 star rating.

Put another way, two recommended servings of that sauce has a touch more sugar than eating a snickers bar.

1 Like

The reason of this high sugar content was the addition of brown sugar, white sugar, syrup and pineapple juice.

It Can Be Tough When Your Pastry Doesn’t Puff.

Antonio Cruz Vaamonde Eliminated From MasterChef Australia.

Perennial favourite and culinary legend, Maggie Beer, set a two-part challenge for contestants tonight, using some of her favourite ingredients. Each contestant was given two unique ingredients and one tricky choice - do they use the ingredient they can see or gamble to use the one hidden under the cloche?

With just 60 minutes on the clock, all cooks got straight into their dish, with Antonio being the only contestant to take the gamble which revealed oranges, filling him with confidence.

Rhiannon, a self-confessed Maggie super-fan, had an emotional cook with memories of her recently passed mother flooding back. As fate would have it, she was assigned finger limes which she used to create her mum’s favourite dish, mussel curry. She proudly created a knock-out dish that saw her safe from elimination.

Cath’s ingredient was fig leaf, which she used to create a beautifully executed fig leaf granita with goat’s cheese cream, buckwheat crust and verjuice caramel. Adi created a tartare dish to pair with her witlof; Brent used his heirloom tomatoes for a ‘Nduja sauce to pair with squid. Theo featured prunes in his prune crullers, while Ralph cooked duck with parsnip puree and a rosemary oil that the judges raved about.

Malissa highlighted her dill in prawn and dill tortellini served with broth, but her broth was noted as being way too salty. Declan was excited to get blackberries and created his nan’s apple and blackberry crumble. The judges expressed their concern that it wasn’t elevated enough for this stage of the competition and while he tried to correct it, his execution did not meet the grade. Antonio’s use of white chocolate in his hazelnut cream, white chocolate ganache and orange caramel was questioned by the judges for being too sweet. Antonio, Malissa and Declan all faced round two elimination with their second ingredient.

In the second round, Malissa unveiled raisins which she used to create a rum and raisin semifreddo, hazelnut crumb and raisin compote. She was praised for clever cooking with balanced flavours and deemed safe from elimination.

Declan’s caraway seeds featured in a rich tomato sauce that accompanied a baked Murray cod. While he struggled to produce an impressive sauce, his fish was perfectly cooked.

Antonio used his Kalamata olives in an ambitious dessert, a goat’s cheese and Kalamata caramel mille feuille. He sped up the pastry work to produce a rough puff, but it didn’t actually puff and became more of a shortbread. While he was praised for the flavours that worked well together, his pastry couldn’t be ignored. An emotional but incredibly proud Antonio was sent home.

MasterChef Australia Continues Monday, 19 June At 7.30pm On 10 And 10 Play.

1 Like

On The Cheap Seats tonight, Mel Tracina made fun of the secret ingredient in Luke Nguyen’s pho in last week’s pressure test.

https://twitter.com/cheapseatsau/status/1671113298711040002

Ralph’s Carrot Cake Crumbles.

Ralph Kahango Eliminated From MasterChef Australia.

After plating up the bottom three dishes in yesterday’s surprise mystery box challenge, Ralph, Malissa and Rhiannon cooked for their spot in the top eight.

Known for his whimsical creations around fairy tales and storytelling, tonight’s challenge was set by chef Nelly Robinson from Sydney restaurant, Nel. He revealed that contestants must recreate his Mr. McGregor Garden dish which was inspired by Beatrix Potter’s tales of Peter Rabbit.

The dish included eight key elements to complete: carrot cake, carrot and ginger sorbet, vanilla yoghurt foam, charcoal crumble, tempered chocolate branches, sweet potato and chocolate oak tree leaves, crystallised carrot fronds and pickled carrot ribbons. The contestants had two hours and 15 minutes to cook, with seven minutes to plate up in the tasting room.

As soon as the clock started to tick, Malissa was focussed and set the pace. Worried that she had never tempered chocolate, Malissa took her time with this element and each one thereafter, completing each component in time. She finished, feeling proud of her efforts and while her plating wasn’t as pretty as Nelly’s, the judges agreed her flavours were similar and were impressed by each element.

Rhiannon had been to Nel before and was familiar with Nelly’s cooking style, which she admitted was miles apart from her own. Drawing on her English heritage, she felt connected to the dish, which helped her settle into the cook. Her plating was on the rustic side, but the flavour of her carrot cake, sorbet and foam were spot on. While her charcoal crumble was a little burnt, the judges were impressed with her efforts overall.

Ralph went into the challenge knowing that desserts were not his strength. His plan for precision resulted in a slow cook which saw him put his carrot cake into the oven late. As he raced to catch up, he cut corners. He managed to complete every element but during plating he lacked attention to detail. The judges found his cake undercooked and his charcoal crumble burnt. Overall, his dish missed the mark on each element and lacked the balance that was achieved in other dishes.

Ralph was ultimately eliminated, leaving the judges sad to lose such a willing student of the kitchen, and the contestants sad to farewell such a good friend.

MasterChef Australia Continues Wednesday, 21 June At 7.30pm On 10 And 10 Play.

1 Like

Temple of Boom at National Gallery of Victoria, which was the setting of last night’s team challenge, is currently on display until July 30.

Theo’s team won the team challenge, thanks partly to his knowledge of cooking Greek cuisine.

1 Like