MasterChef Australia

The family can make their wishes known but I don’t think that creates an obligation by the network/producers. As tragic as the circumstances are, there are still the commercial obligations that have to be considered or worked through. I can’t see them just wiping the whole season, but if the family is against the show airing I imagine there will be some negotiation but as others have said he was very passionate and positive about the show and I’m sure his family and the network/producers will respect that.

8 Likes

Leading story in Sydney and Melbourne 10 News.

Angela Bishop with a very moving report.

6 Likes

I think it’s more awkward than disrespectful. I agree.

It’s a hard subject. But I think either way there will be edits to the upcoming series in light of this

5 Likes

Reports are saying that he died in his hotel room and police did a welfare check. While getting ready for the new season & promote MCAU this week.

3 Likes

I feel sad after reading this news of his sudden passing,46 is not old at all.RIP Jock.Not surprised that the Ten network are delaying the screening of the latest series

2 Likes

Second story in Brisbane. First was the death of 3 women in Maryborough.

Beautiful tribute.

1 Like

Ch10 are screening The Bridge at 7.30pm this week.

2 Likes

RIP Jock. Gone too soon

all this is a reminder to check your health. that minor pain, get it looked at. even get a check up once in a while. life is too short to put health on the back burner.

12 Likes

Angela Bishop said that Masterchef will not be screening this week as a mark of respect. So it sounds like they plan to launch next week instead.

5 Likes

When MasterChef does return, id say that there would be a mention of Jock’s death in the opening episode, and on Grand Final night.

Hoping that there would be a “call Lifeline” (and the likes) during the duration of the series.

1 Like

News reports - the initial ones are breaking news at 4pm. Angel Bishop’s moving report for 10 News starts at 4:43

6 Likes

There will be a tribute on The Project tonight.

3 Likes

Perhaps a Jock Zonfrillo Trophy for the series winner from this season onwards could be a fitting tribute.

9 Likes

I wonder if there will be a message from andy/mel at 7.30 when masterchef should have been starting, for viewers who may not be aware of the news…

2 Likes

My Foxtel EPG still hasn’t updated to the point MasterChef is still showing, as is Jock’s appearance mentioned on The Project episode guide :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

No way it would be them, you’d have to imagine they’d be in no state. If anything, a message on screen however I doubt anything will occur.

8 Likes

true.

Some of the tributes

(W Channel shows new seasons of MasterChef Australia in Britain)

Jock’s death was the second item on ABC News Victoria tonight, after the appointment of Andrew Dillon as the next AFL CEO.

2 Likes

Good segment on The Project with Darren Purchese.

Earlier

5 Likes

ACA just played a tribute package and sent condolences to Channel 10 staff.

10 Likes