MasterChef Australia

MasterChef Australia , still a fan favourite after 14 seasons, returns in winter for a shorter, more compact run. This year the aim is to keep audiences not only entertained but guessing as well, with Season 15 branded as MasterChef Australia: Secrets & Surprises .

Only just saw this post. The day I went to the show it was closed so Matthew Guy could have a private luncheon :roll_eyes: More reason to vote him out.

1 Like

What a joke he is :rofl:

2 Likes

I almost walked into him face to face. Wasn’t impressed LOL

A shorter season naturally leads to less contestants. Maybe there will only be 16 to 20 contestants taking part?

Even though I’m not convinced that it’s the main reason for the show’s declining ratings, a shorter season might benefit MasterChef. However, the Secrets & Surprises branding/theme is setting off alarm bells and red flags - it screams the Girls v Boys fiasco all over again.

1 Like

I think after 15 years it’s time to try a different angle and the show kind of needs something different to give the season a pull. I have no idea what this ‘Secrets & Surprises’ theme means though, it seems very random. I am a fan of a shorter/sharper (and maybe more unpredictable?) season. If they just went with a standard long season of newbies it was always going to struggle.

1 Like

Hang on since the living room ain’t returning next year. I say bring back masterclass back on Friday nights 7:30. And bring the public in like what they did in S05.

Just a heads up for those MasterChef USA fans, 10Play have finally uploaded season 11 and season 12 which aired in the US earlier this year.

Melissa is on the cover of Stellar magazine this Sunday.

Great news that next season will be more condensed, my main gripe about Masterchef is that it is on for too many weeks, too many nights for far too many hours. A shorter, sharper season will hit the spot for me - happy with 3 nights a week.

I think this is a massive flaw with many of the tentpole reality shows in Australia, Look at how long Seven used to drag out MKR every year.

Jock told Natalie Hunter on Studio 10 at Flemington this morning that right at the start of the new season of MasterChef, there would be a special guest, who had not been on the show for many years.

Some Masterchef love happening on Australian Story next week with a story featuring Poh and introduced by Gary Mehigan.

1 Like

According to The Australian, filming of the new season Secrets & Surprises began at Melbourne Showgrounds last week. There are only 18 contestants this season (down from 24 last season) and there are no top 50 cooking trials. Jock Zonfrillo told the paper that all but one of the cooks will be newbies, without spilling on the story behind why one contestant will be returning.

1 Like

I thought I read Jock say that there will be no returnee’s this season. So I’m guessing it must be someone that had to leave a recent season for reasons outside the comp e.g. sickness, family reasons etc (can’t think of anyone off the top of my head but I’m sure there has been).

18 cast members is a good number and also removing the earlier rounds. It would probably shorten the season by around 4 weeks.

4 Likes
4 Likes

That’s the site next door to Scienceworks Museum and also hosted season 3 of Australian Ninja Warrior in December 2018.

Great location for the (first?) public team challenge of the season.

Grazeland is awesome. Great spot for a Masterchef challenge. I wish I could go down but being able to get there by 5pm is a bit of a stretch.

2 Likes