MasterChef Australia

Isn’t that just POO all over?

2 Likes

No POO was countries, ala Cooking World Cup. This would be SOO, the states (and ACT and NT) competing against each other.
But technically yes, similar format to POO.

Kishwar is currently competing on tonight’s episode of The Chase.

2 Likes

Oh wow.

1 Like

Anyone know what year this was from since The Chase has been in re-runs for months now?

September 2019.

So not that old then.

I’m not sure this statement is correct? Aren’t Monday to Thursday new episodes?

Based on the information on YourTV they appear to be re-runs.

Where are you seeing it’s saying repeats? I can’t see anything about that in the link there. It’s saying season 9, which is the current season.

1 Like

Looking at 7plus, last night’s episode of The Chase was one from Season 8 (Episode 23 - Fri 9 Jul), and there was no social distancing on the desk, so it had to have been pre-2020.

I did say Monday to Thursday…

But it appears to just be Monday and Tuesday which were new.

This has been my thoughts on it since 2014. Series 1-5 showed a lot more of their personalities, and also insight into who was friends with who on the show and also some scenes in the Masterchef house. I also liked in the older seasons when the safe contestants would wait in the house to see who was eliminated and the surviving contestant would emerge though the elevator. Such a fun old school reality TV concept that has died. These modern seasons show the contestants in a very subdued way with little to no insight on their personalities nor does it always make exciting television. It’s constant food dream this and I love food that, so much positive editing for almost every contestant. It has become tedious to watch and very mundane now.

2 Likes

According to the synopses provided by 10, Pete, Justin and Kishwar will compete on both nights of the grand finale. Tomorrow will be the double pressure test set by Peter Gilmore which will decide the winner.

According to The Australian, the result of tomorrow night’s grand finale may have been compromised, amid claims of a suspicious betting plunge in May that appears to have been based on inside information about the show’s winner. The Australian reports that the betting plunge occurred almost immediately after the marathon filming of the finale of MasterChef, which production sources have revealed took place on Wednesday May 12 and into the early morning of May 13. Within a few hours of the end of the filming, Justin was suddenly backed into a short-priced $1.08 favourite with Tabcorp, and a $1.50 favourite with Sportsbet, to win the competition, while Pete’s odds drifted from $2.25-$2.75 on May 12 to $6 the next day.

As of today (July 12), Sportsbet still has Justin hot favourite to win MC at $1.22, followed by Kishwar at $6 and Pete at $7.50.

Oh good it’s a two part finale. I thought I was going to have to miss tonight’s, live, due to the footy :upside_down_face:

Plus you have either 10play or the 1pm encore.

I know, I was referring to watching it live :upside_down_face:

I’m kind of hoping that they filmed multiple endings so there is still a chance that someone else actually won. For me Justin is one of the weakest cooks this season. I’d really like to see Pete win.

3 Likes

According to the same article from The Australian, only one ending was filmed this year to avoid “torturing” the runners-up with the false hope that they had won. But after the events of May 12, Endemol Shine will return to film multiple endings next year.