MasterChef Australia

Montrachet was also the place where 10 held the media launch for Queensland Week in February. Maybe on the same day?
The pressure test took place at The Joinery, an event and function centre at Brisbane’s West End.
https://www.instagram.com/p/ByO3rWMgey7/

1 Like

I was surprised to see Tim go last night as he was getting a lot of airtime and seemed to be the judges favourite. Plus the judges seemed to be unnecessarily super nit picky of Ben’s dish when he seemed to actually do a pretty good job. I’m thinking Tim will be a good chance of coming back if they bring back an eliminated contestant.

tim works not to far from where i live here in ballarat

Tim does look like Prince Harry

Tonight’s immunity challenge was filmed at The Old Dairy, a wedding and function venue at Maleny at Sunshine Coast hinterland.

1 Like

James Brady, chef at Rick Shores at Burleigh Heads on the southern part of Gold Coast, was special guest on tonight’s elimination challenge.
https://www.instagram.com/p/ByW_0vWHNaE/

Later, Ash Martin is guest chef on the masterclass, filmed at Spicers Hidden Vale at Lockyer Valley, outside Ipswich.
https://www.instagram.com/p/ByWvNqsg1i6/

According to the preview at the end of tonight’s episode, it’s the second chance cook-off for eliminated contestants.

I liked seeing all 3 judges wearing shorts in the last 2 episodes

I am not sure why it was called the surprise twist. The bottom 3-4 contestants from the invention test have to do a pressure test (mostly) since the show began.

Masterchef needs a new opening song. It’s stale.

US Survivor has the same theme for 38 seasons and no one calls it stale.

I haven’t heard of many reality shows changing their theme. Did you say the same thing for MKR?

Don’t watch MKR and don’t care about it. Just tuned into Masterchef while waiting for HYBPA and heard the song at the end. Just feel it’s a bit stale. We are after a younger audience and need to keep reinventing their shows. It’s obvious it’s been hit by fatigue this year with some it’s lowest figures.

I don’t think the theme song has anything to do with that. Cooking shows are on the way out and will be replaced with something else soon. I dont see either Masterchef or MKR lasting past 2021.

So keep it stale for next season?

It’s half way through the season so one of the eliminated contestants will re-enter the competition,wonder who it was?

I dont really care if they change it, it won’t make much difference IMO. Its the format and the judges that are more stale to me. This is the first year where I didn’t care if I missed episodes.

There really isn’t anything special about the show this year. While I still haven’t missed an episode there is no urgency to watch the show like there used to be. I like the theme song so that is not a problem for me, and I can’t see any reason to change it. I would change one or more of the judges, the stupid playing it up in front of the camera is getting excessive and annoying; the whole wrapping the paper towel around his head with George last night only received a very basic pity laugh from the contestants who are usually much more receptive to the lame humour.

4 Likes

It was Tim.

2 Likes

I agree the judges need to have a shake up. Personally I would just get ready of George and Garry and keep Matt. But changing the theme would definitely create news as its such an iconic opening. It all needs a makeover and they have already announced it for next year.

1 Like

Difference being that Survivor has a composed opening theme whereas MC is now using a 10+ year old pop song… that said, the theme isn’t the biggest issue.

I agree it does need a bit of a refresh and perhaps some new blood - I still love all the judges but maybe injecting a fourth permanent female judge? Mixing up the format and challenges a little bit more?

4 Likes