Master Antenna TV Systems (Hospitals, Hotels, etc)

I am staying overseas in Khao Lak, Thailand and these are the channels:

1 HOTEL
10 NBT
11 TV5 HD
12 PPTV HD
13 THAIPBS HD
14 TPTV
15 TNN24
16 JKN 18
17 Nation TV
18 Workpoint TV
19 True4U
20 GMM25
21 CH8
22 MONO29
23 9MCOT HD
24 ONE HD
25 Thairath TV
26 3 HD
27 Amarin TV HD
28 CH7 HD
29 DW English HD
30 Al Jazeera English HD
31 NHK WORLD-JPN
32 TRT World HD
33 B4U Hitz
34 B4U Plus
35 B4U_MOVIES_INDIA
36 B4U_MUSIC_INDIA
37 CCTV 4A
38 CGTN
39 CGTN DOCUMENTARY
40 HD Phx Infonews Channel
41 HD Phx Chinese Channel
42 HD Phx HK Channel
43 TV5

6 Likes

Channel list at St Catherine’s residential college Perth. TV via ethernet and Amino A140 set top box.

Ch1 Ten Digital
Ch2 One HD (blank)
Ch3 Eleven (10 peach)
Ch4 Nine Digital
Ch5 GO!
Ch6 GEM
Ch7 7TWO
Ch8 7MATE (blank)
Ch9 7 Digital
Ch10 SBS1
Ch11 SBS2 (blank)
Ch12 SBS3 (SBS Food)
Ch13 NITV
Ch14 ABC1
Ch15 ABC2 (ABC Plus)
Ch16 ABC3 (ABC ME)

Ch18 West TV (blank)

4 Likes

Currently staying at the Ramada in Marcoola on the Sunshine Coast.
The TV has the local Sunshine Coast North FTA channels (regionals) and 20 Foxtel channels via the MATV system. The FTAs are in the normal LCNs with an EPG, while Foxtel channels are 100-119 in 576i SD without an EPG.

Full channel list

2 ABC TV
3 SBS ONE
5 10 Sunshine Coast
6 7HD Sunshine Coast
8 Ch9 Sunshine Coast
20 ABCTV HD
21 ABC TV
22 ABC Kids/TVPlus
23 ABC ME
24 ABC NEWS
30 SBS ONE HD
31 SBS VICELAND HD
32 SBS World Movies
33 SBS Food
34 NITV
35 SBS WorldWatch
50 10 HD Sunshine Coast
51 10 Sunshine Coast
52 10 Peach
53 10 BOLD
54 10 SHAKE (now Nickelodeon)
55 SBN
56 Sky News Regional
60 7HD Sunshine Coast
61 7HD Sunshine Coast
62 7twoHD Sunshine Coast
63 7twoHD Sunshine Coast (showing service not available)
64 7mateHD Sunshine Coast
66 7flix Sunshine Coast
68 RACING.COM
80 9HD Sunshine Coast
81 9Gem
82 9Go!
83 9Life
84 TVSN
85 GOLD
100 FOX SPORTS 1 (showing Fox Cricket)
101 FOX SPORTS 2 (showing Showcase)
102 FOX SPORTS 3 (showing Fox Sports 503)
103 FOX SPORTS 4 (showing Fox Footy)
104 FOX SPORTS 5 (showing Fox Sports 505)
105 FOX SPORTS 6 (showing Fox Sports 506)
106 FOX 8
107 PREMIERE MOVIES
108 ACTION MOVIES (audio only)
109 COMEDY MOVIES
110 DISCOVERY
111 ANIMAL PLANET (showing ESPN)
112 MUSIC MAX (showing MTV 80s)
113 NICKELODEON (showing an Austar E16 error message)
114 SKY NEWS
115 RESORT TV (showing History)
116 SHOWCASE116 (showing Fox League with a distorted picture- widescreen that’s been stretched so the left and right hand sides of the screen are cut off)
117 CNNNEWS-117
118 UNIVERSAL118 (showing TLC , again, stretched picture with the sides cut off)
119 COMEDY-119

4 Likes

The Ramada in Marcoola is part of the Club Wyndham Resorts.

I stayed at a Club Wyndham resort at Port Macquarie in March, as well as at Airlie Beach in The Whitsundays in late July/early August, and in those two Club Wyndham resorts, the commercial FTA channels use the metro LCNs as opposed to the regional LCNs that they’re meant to be on (although Seven do actually use the 7x numbers in Regional QLD, including in The Whitsundays). They also use the ‘custom’ channel names as well like ‘Seven’, ‘Nine’, ‘10’ etc, as opposed to e.g. ‘7HD Mackay’, ‘Ch9 Mackay’, ‘10 Mackay’ respectively.

4 Likes

Between Mooloolaba and Maroochydore seems to be the “boundary” for where Brisbane TV channels don’t appear in accommodation facilities (going north).

3 Likes

No, not impressive at all.

First town on the Sunshine Coast, excellent LoS to Bris and local translator west at Bald Knob of Brisbane stations (which are licensed for the former Caloundra City Council area and can be received further north).

1 Like

Where it should be. Community should be on 31 as 7/9/10 all are despite no longer TX on their eponymously numbered channels.

Currently in Armidale, I am staying in Armidale Tourist Park in a cabin, for Christmas, with my family, including my uncle Rod.

The TV in the cabin is a Hisense Smart TV, not sure which model, it has various apps including Netflix, SBS On Demand, the Vewd App Store, and YouTube.

Related to the free-to-air channels on the TV, initially the channels were in all of the correct positions, except for NITV and its HD version, which were on the LCNs 34 and 350 respectively. I have since re-scanned the TV, and now both of the NITV channels are on the LCNs 34 and 36 respectively. I will leave Armidale on 27 December, and will go back to Canberra.

3 Likes

About a week ago, I had stayed at a hotel north of Ballarat. Good news was that the TV there was flatscreen (Philips) and had a reasonable selection of Foxtel channels (Sports, Kids and Entertainment).

In terms of FTA, it had every single channel in the Ballarat market. All SD simulcasts had been removed which left all main channels (ABC, SBS, Seven, Nine, Ten) in HD at the beginning of the channel list. NITV HD was not available, just the SD version. The LCNs were all in chronological order and didn’t have the regional LCNs used in the rest of regional VIC. Was a shame because I was looking forward to use the LCNs as I had memorized them. The numbers didn’t even work on the remote unless you were in the EPG. The non-government channels were in the 40’s range.

4 Likes

It’s been years since I’ve seen an old CRT TV in a hotel or motel (or anywhere really).

Though some that I’ve stayed in recently are still using 15 year old early LCD ones that have huge bezels and no HD channels.

2 Likes

The Siesta in Albury still have late-2000s Panasonic plasma TV models in their rooms :dizzy_face:

4 Likes

I wonder how much burn in there is on those screens by now with all the solid “watermarks” there are these days…

3 Likes

last year i drove from Brisbane to Melbourne via the newell - i don’t book accommodation for the drive - because it was just me, i drove till i was tired, looked for a hotel . i stoppped at a pub at one of those towns that has 2 pubs and a general store and thats it. got a room there and there was a CRT in the corner of the room. didn’t turn it on though

3 Likes

A hotel in Torquay still had a tiny CRT TV which required a set top box. The room next door had a digital tv which was triggering.

1 Like

I think the issue will be more how many TVs in hotels are MPEG-4 compatible at this point - you’d get nearly no channels in Tasmania at this point, and likely overtime more of the regional areas (like all of WIN).

There’s not much of a difference between a really old flat panel and a CRT if none of the channels actually work anymore. Indeed you might have more luck - every set top box for years has done MPEG-4 - while most people won’t think to check if the channels actually tune in on a flat panel.

3 Likes

I am back staying at Holiday Inn Sydney Airport for two nights this week.

Since my last visit, hotel management have mostly fixed the issue of channel names (FTA and Foxtel) not matching. Every FTA channel listed in the directory can be received (including HD channels of Seven, 7mate and SBS Viceland).

The Foxtel channels have slightly changed too since seven months ago. The new line up is
Fox Cricket
Fox League
Fox Sports 503
FOX8
Dreamworks
MTV 80s
TLC
Sky News - no signal

4 Likes

That channel rebranded to MTV 80s within the past few months. Should they have changed it by now?

2 Likes

Staying at a new Sydney hotel, which has another nonsensical bespoke LCN layout (pics below)

To make matters worse, the TV is a new 65 inch Samsung that has a very basic remote with no numerical keypad and only about 7 buttons.

At least all channels are HD where available and there’s a good selection of FOXTEL channels

6 Likes

Prince Charles Hospital in Brisbane has all the FTZ channels as broadcast with the correct LCN including ABC and SBS radio.

Also, starting in the 100’s are a selection of movie channels that have a menu with the schedule, some local radio stations and several channels related to health. Hill is the provider.

2 Likes

Holiday Inn Geelong bespoke LCN.guide

:scream:

Even though its a pretty new hotel, 10Shake is already incorrect!

3 Likes