Married at First Sight

I think for a lot of people, myself included, watching MAFS is a guilty pleasure. They know it’s trashy and contrived but it’s very enjoyable to watch.

Jan 28 2019 is the return date.

1 Like

Is that the same font they use as previous summers for Q1 promos? I guess we’ll be seeing “after the tennis” soon LOL

Nice to have the on air promos confirm a return date as opposed to “after the tennis”

1 Like

I read somewhere that Nine will not be adopting that particular promotion campaign.

2 Likes

MARRIED AT FIRST SIGHT RETURNS

STARTS Monday 28 January at 7.30pm

Australia’s most talked about social experiment, the provocative and polarising Married at First Sight , returns for its sixth and most explosive series yet on Monday, January 28, at 7.30pm on Nine and 9Now.

Relationship experts John Aiken , Mel Schilling and neuropsychotherapist Dr Trisha Stratford once again put science to the test when it comes to matters of the heart, calling on their expertise to find the perfect matches for 20 brave singles looking for love.

This season you’ll bear witness to more love than ever before, with the infamous dinner parties more passionate, the commitment ceremonies more intense, and the relationships more tumultuous. If that wasn’t enough, the experts have introduced some surprising new elements that will rock the experiment and challenge not only the couples but the group as a whole.

Each couple will meet for the first time as they walk down the aisle on their wedding day, and from the moment they say “I do” their relationship is under the microscope as they experience the highs and lows of marriage at full speed.

Ten brides and ten grooms from across Australia, each with their own remarkable stories, will face more challenges and romantic hurdles than ever before.

Every couple will live together under the same roof, compare their experiences at explosive dinner parties, and bare all at the most confronting commitment ceremonies yet.

Some will flounder as the pressure mounts, others will flourish as they find the joy of love at first sight.

So it’s 20 strangers and 10 weddings. Who will be the ones to find true love?

1 Like

I am guilty of watching this crap but I wish Nine would stop pretending their so called experts pick the cast. I am sure by now we all know that the producers of the show are responsible for casting.

2 Likes

And purposely go against what the so-called experts advise, in order to create drama.

4 Likes

Blocked by Nine

Typical Channel 9. Uses these people as ‘stars’ on their reality shows and then playing dirty on them after reaping the results. Terrible network (to be fair the other networks are just as bad).

1 Like

But they want to be famous. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Nine has revealed the cast for season 6.

Series 6 Cast

AUSTRALIA’S MOST TALKED ABOUT SOCIAL EXPERIMENT IS BACK:

THE PROVOCATIVE AND POLARISING MARRIED AT FIRST SIGHT.

This season the infamous dinner parties are more intense, the commitment ceremonies more explosive, and the relationships more tumultuous than we’ve ever seen. If that wasn’t enough, the experts have introduced some surprising new elements that will rock the experiment and test not only the couples but the group as a whole.

Our Expert Matchmakers – relationship experts John Aiken and Mel Schilling, and neuropsychotherapist Dr Trisha Stratford – once again put science to the test when it comes to matters of the heart, calling on their expertise to find the perfect match for 20 brave singles.

Each couple meet for the first time as they walk down the aisle on their wedding day, and from the moment they say “I do” their relationship is under immense pressure as they get to know each other as a married couple.

Ten brides and ten grooms will undergo the most extreme experiment yet as they’re faced with more confronting challenges and romantic hurdles than ever before. Every couple will once again live together under the same roof as relationships are put under the microscope and full„blown drama ensues.

From day one, the couples experience the highs and lows of marriage at full speed. Some flounder as the pressure mounts, others flourish as they find the joy of true love at first sight.

So it’s 20 strangers and 10 weddings. Who will be the ones to find true love?

So who’s the new narrator?

According to Kyle and Jackie O this morning, Merecdes Corby was meant to be on this season but the experts couldn’t find her a match

1 Like

Talking Married

Returns Wednesday 30 January at 9.00pm on 9Life and 9Now

Nine’s hit weekly chat show Talking Married is back, bigger and better with more inside goss, exclusive footage and unprecedented access to the couples from Australia’s most talked about social experiment, Married at First Sight .

Talking Married will go to air immediately after Married at First Sight from this Wednesday, January 30, at 9.00pm on 9Life and 9Now, and continues weekly for the duration of the MAFS series.

Presenter Jayne Azzopardi and 9Honey’s lifestyle presenter and columnist Shelly Horton will be joined each week by a special guest co-host, to review the latest episode and talk viewers through all the gossip. Live interviews, new segments and never-before-seen clips will also give MAFS fans the inside scoop on their favourite program.

Jayne Azzopardi said: “I’m a huge fan of MAFS and I’m excited to be returning to host Talking Married with the amazing Shelly Horton. We can’t wait to bring viewers all the VIP content they expect from the reality show that already has Australia talking.”

Talking Married , the first television production for Australia’s leading women’s lifestyle network, 9Honey, last year drew total average audiences of 228,000 (across consolidated, encore, VPM) to make it the most watched show in 9Life’s history. It was also the top rating program across all the multi-channels for 2018.

The final episode of Talking Married broke the record for a program on 9Life, pulling in an overnight audience of 441,000 (5 City: 342,000/Regional: 99,000).

Nine.com.au Editorial Director and Talking Married Executive Producer, Kerri Elstub , said: “ Talking Married has matched up our 9Honey audience’s love for Married at First Sight with their insatiable appetite for content.

“By continuing the conversation and bringing the 9Honey brand onto the television screen we have built a strong and consistent audience who are highly engaged with MAFS . We look forward to giving them more this year with our new hour-long show. Our Talking Married podcast will also have Shelley Horton at the helm again.”

Sorry, but a respected Nine News presenter & journalist shouldn’t be fronting this garbage.

4 Likes

I thought I heard GG ?