Love Island Australia

What about a couple of the guys not understanding the word “nonchalant” - that was so funny -“it’s a vegetable”.

1 Like

Also Phoebe H thinking Albania was in Africa. This year’s Australian cast would have to be the dumbest of all time when it comes to Love Island.

2 Likes

Tina and Mitch entering has actually been what this season needed. It makes you realise how much weaker the casting was this year compared to last year.

3 Likes

I could take or leave Mitch but yes to Tina. Shame there’s no Casa Amor this year. The cast are for the most part so dumb and immature and not all that good looking. My prediction is that Austin and Claudia will sail easily to the win.

1 Like

I do wonder how much of this season is manipulated by acting, it should be worth mentioning that Claudia does some acting on the side, and given she drives a lot of the show’s drama especially this week, it does make you wonder how legit this all is. Tina and Mitch entering the joint has helped as I was starting to lose interest.

This year’s contestants are a bit unusual, can barely understand what Callum says half the time, and Maddy basically hadn’t done anything from the day she came in until the day before she was booted out.

1 Like

I don’t like the ‘superfan’ concept; it’s a pretty poor substitute for real live voting. They could just as easily substitute it with “the producers have decided…”

2 Likes

When does this season actually end? I thought this would be the last week but I see there are a couple more contestants still entering this week.

Last season had 27 episodes, if its a similar amount of episodes this time around, next week should be the final week.

They’ll have to do a double, or triple dumping soon. There’s too many couples in the Villa for the show to end in a week or so, plus they’re bringing in two more contestants this week.

OK so from what I can see it looks like this is a normal week with some new contestants, then next week they will get it down to the last remaining couples and then it ends early the following week.

They should’ve just done it as 5 episodes per week IMO.

1 Like

How the hell is Stella still on the show? Like Maddy, she hasn’t made much of an effort to form a connection. If the show had legitimate live voting, she would’ve been gone weeks ago.

1 Like

Completely agree. Both her and Jess would have gone a long time ago. Also the return of Tina and Mitch has received a very negative reaction from the public, if there was public voting as usual they would not make the final IMO.

As it stands it looks this season will have a very predictable ending with Claudia and Austen (the only ones with a genuine connection) winning and Tina and Mitch coming 2nd.

EPISODE 22:

Tina and Callum have a chat, Callum doesn’t want to give too much to her if she still has strong feelings for Mitch.

There are some real love stories growing in the villa - Austen admits he is falling hard for Claudia, and Mitchell is the same for Phoebe S.

Callum awakes to a surprise, there is a new bomb in the villa. Madeline, 25, from Melbourne. In his words, she is ‘banging.’ He goes to get all the boys to meet the new bomb, with Al admitting he would like to get to know her.

As the girls all wake up it gets back to Jess that Al didn’t close Mads off, and she isn’t happy at all. All day they argue, and Al doesn’t quite know how to deal with it. Al is increasingly feeling drained at Jess and her behaviour. Austen and Claudia become couple counsellors to the pair.

Another bomb arrives, this time Hugh, who is also 25 from Melbourne. The Islanders don’t know Hugh is actually Mads’ twin brother! They keep it secret from the villa as both graft all day.

At night it’s a festival theme and everyone dresses up for the party. The Islanders play a game of truth and dare and at the end of the night, Mads and Hugh reveal to everyone they are twins.

The Islanders are shocked, they had no idea. Callum in particular feels awkward as he was talking about how hot Mads is to her brother Hugh.

I agree with you but based on the “superfan” votes (if they are real superfans) she seems pretty popular. I guess people see her as the more relatable, likeable girl that is unlucky in love. I think she should be gone based on the way that she’s kind of just floated through as a single but something tells me with viewer votes that she would still be there.

Interesting because I’ve enjoyed this season a lot more since they’ve come on. A little disappointed that the predictable recoupling of them has played out though.

The new twins are great additions too. It’s a shame they left them there so late. Jordan is a snoozefest. I don’t see the point in them keeping him there when Phoebe left, especially given nobody else is coming in. They should have just sent both of them packing.

That’s probably how it should go but without public voting (at least until the finale) who knows.

1 Like

It has boosted the BVOD ratings for the show with Monday a season high.

1 Like

Confirmed to be finishing next Tuesday

1 Like

There will be several dumping this week, one individual and two couples are going home.

Cut-rate babies on last night’s episode compared to those used in the UK version.

Callum continuing to prove that English is his second language. “I do believe that Rambo is a fashion oyster.” :smile:

EPISODE 26:

The villa is getting used to not having one of OG boys Jordan after he was dumped.

After a rocky week Jess and Al are getting along famously, Al admits he is smitten with Jess.

Mitch and Tina spend the night in the hideaway, and take every opportunity to reconnect away from the other Islanders.

The Islanders are all given their own baby (a doll) as a challenge. They have to look after the baby, which is an insight to the future where the Islanders may one day have kids.

The girls then get a text, they head to Sophie’s villa for a girls day out, leaving the boys to look after the babies themselves.

At night Mads gets a text, one couple will be dumped tonight.

The Superfans voted who they wanted to find love the most, with Al, Tina and Phoebe receiving the most. They must now decide which couple is dumped.

After a long discussion they choose Stella and Hugh, based on them having the least strong connection compared to all other couples in the villa.

The girls in particular are very emotional to see one of their OG’s Stella go. Hugh is sad to leave his sister Mads’ behind but has a good chat with Callum about leaving her in his hands.

A 75-minute finale has been scheduled for 9GO! at 8.30pm next Tuesday, December 20.

Very happy with the final 3 couples. I was honestly afraid that the couple that left tonight would make it to the final, was a good surprise to see that they didn’t.