Love Island Australia

This reminds me of the last season of Big Brother that was on Nine where they just kept throwing twist after twist in to try to increase the ratings. Coincidentally Alex Mavroidakis was in charge of BB and is now in charge of Love Island. It didn’t work then and it won’t work now.

1 Like

Yeah, introducing 5 new girls is too many for a single week

I think it will be interesting and it needs a bit of a shake up. 2 or 3 would have been enough though. Prob not all will stay anyway… I’m guesing only a couple of them if they are picked over an original or something and the rest will go.

Next Friday Love Island was on 9Go along the east coast because of the League Trans Tasman test, but was on the main channel in Adelaide and Perth. Updated to schedule has it out of the main channel schedule in those 2 markets.

Update: The Friday ep is out in all markets and will is out replaced by a Sunday ep on 9Go in all markets.

1 Like

Last night was the best episode of the season. I liked that couples got split up because it showed that just staying in a couple for the sake of extending time there does not mean that you are safe. It’s a shame that Vanessa left as she was the most entertaining person there. Although we didn’t really see much of why everyone hated her so much, it just seemed out of nowhere everyone was hating on her. I was relieved that Gerard stayed… he has been the one person that has kept me watching and needs to get more airtime! :heart_eyes:

So that means 1 less episode this week? They should have always had it on Sunday. The demo’s that this show is attracting are not watching TV on a Friday night.

Yeah I wish it was Cynthia who went out but then again, it won’t shake up the current couples if she were to go.
The app poll also showed overwhelmingly for Vanessa to go

Nine probably thought moving it to Friday on 9GO wasn’t worth it considering it rated under 200k on the main channel last Friday.

Nothing against Channel 10, but this show is very Channel 10 like and very unlike Channel 9.

I don’t think Kerry Packer would have allowed this show to be on Nine if he was still in charge.

2 Likes

Psst. He doesn’t run the network any more. He can’t, from where he is now.

Lol! It’s like when in 1986 Neil the hippy in “The Young Ones” says “Oh wow, have the Beatles split up?”.

How awkward does it look with the original girls all sitting in that tiny little room in the hide away for a couple of days? I don’t think they should have seperated the house for more than a night but it seems they are doing a couple of nights. Just pt the originals back already… it’s been a bit of a silly stunt. I’m assuming there will be a recoupling and most of the new girls will go home and most originals will stay with the exception of 1 or 2.

Also it’s about time they sent some new guys in there. Gerard is the only guy this season that I really like but he hasn’t had a lot of airtime due to being mostly single for the most part.

Love Island ? More like Lust Island.

1 Like

Hopefully it remains that way :joy:

Just catching up with this. Matthew is a total nob. Who keeps count of how many people they have slept with? I lost count after 10. He was totally bragging about it. Clearly girls are just a number to him.

Is that because your number is 10? :wink:

haha wouldn’t you like to know. Lets just say its a few more than that. I’m definitely not unhappy with how many…

69?

1 Like

That new guy Aaron was on The Proposal just a few weeks ago (and got proposed too so clearly that didn’t last). I think it was the second ep before it got bumped (it was the only one I watched). It was bugging me where I knew him from until I read people comment on social media.

Love Island isn’t filmed in Australia is it ? The voice over guy sounded British unless I was watching a different version the other week.

It has never been filmed in Australia. Season 1 was in Mallorca Spain and the current season is in Fiji. And yes our voice over guy has a british accent.

3 Likes