Love Island Australia

Maybe.
But their behaviour is crass and trashy. None of the other dating shows come close to this.

1 Like

That’s because this particular dating show is aimed exclusively at the younger demos.

Monday 21 and Tuesday 22 October episodes have been supersized to 1:15 (equivalent eps last year were 1:00) while on Friday 25, in Sydney and Brisbane, the show moves to 9Go! due to Rugby League on the main channel.

Because it’s meant to crass and trashy, that’s the brief. Obvs with hot bodies.

2 Likes

It is meant to be trashy and the younger demo’s (and myself) are watching it for that.

I am thinking 9 put this on at the wrong time of the year again. I wonder how this might rate out of Married at First Sight. I am not sure they want to waste the lead out on this but shows like Travel Guides could be paired nicely with Ninja and Lego.

Feel like it would be a mistake not just having 2 dating/relationships shows on at the same time but them being scheduled back-to-back

I’m so sad that Sam left. I feel like it’s a cop out those two girls picking each other. Both admit they’ve never pursued something with a girl before so to me it looks like they are only doing it to save themselves because they aren’t so keen on any of the guys. It then meant the girls were safe and a guy left :thinking:

Maybe. I think it could be a better flow. It hasn’t exactly been tried before either so it could work. What do people want to watch after a dating show anyway?

The goal is to couple up, it’s a game of strategy after all and $50k. Now, what I want to see are two guys coupling up next time. I still think that Maurice has the tendency to bat for the same team if only to save his arse.

I feel like they are making up the rules though. Next time two guys don’t have someone to pair up with they could just ‘couple’ so neither go home? These two girls won’t even last, watch them go running as soon as some hot guy comes in that they like.
Plus the prize is only $50k which means $25k each. Nothing to go crazy about. I’m sure some of these people will get that back in exposure/instagram endorsements.

1 Like

Love Island numbers:

• Episode One: VPM rating of 236,000
  • Episode Two: VPM rating of 237,000
  • Episode Three: VPM rating of 244,000
  • Episode Four: VPM rating of 233,000
  • Episode Five: VPM rating of 243,000
  • Episode Six: VPM rating of 161,000
  • Episode Seven: VPM rating of 137,000
1 Like

Well I was right. The very next day Cassie was already with another guy. It should not have been able to happen.

It was obvious that Cassie was using Phoebe to stay on the show. Same situation as Maurice and Cynthia.

1 Like

Wow, Cassie really stitched up Phoebe.

I don’t know why 9 decided this should air on the main channel, the ratings it gets surely indicate it’s a multichannel type show.

How can they sustain it on the main channel with ratings that low.

2 Likes

Nine can probably take the hit because they win every week anyway and are on track to win the year.

5 Likes

Currently it manages to beat most of Seven’s post 7.30 offerings in key demos; so it is being made to look viable at the moment.

3 Likes

Hamish Turner (Nine’s programming boss) told the @blackbox podcast that “we don’t care about total people, it’s not what advertisers are chasing, we wouldn’t have commissioned another season of LI otherwise” (paraphrased)

3 Likes

The promo for this week says that FIVE new girls are entering this week. Wow. They must really want to be shaking things up. Let’s see if Matt and Vanessa survive this.