London Bridge Attacks

This is the amount of exposure Melissa Doyle should have been given post-Sunrise.

Ange and Musher doing a great job.

5 Likes

Agreed. Mel should still be apart of the news team.

6 Likes

It looks like AFL Game Day and the VFL are moving to 7mate.

The main channel will continue with Rolling coverage.

1 Like

Not surprised. This event takes precedent over football IMO.

5 Likes

Sunday Footy show won’t be on air today

Luckily for Seven, there is no AFL at 3pm in most markets today, due to a bye round.

Shocking to hear of more terror attacks, let alone the UK :cry:

Despite being a Sunday morning/afternoon (possibly the least-watched period of the week), Seven, Nine and ABC doing great efforts with rolling coverage.

Just my opinion, like usual with breaking news, Seven are far surperior with this, especially Michael Usher :slight_smile:

I don’t know why they persist with it, but I can’t take “The Today Show” seriously for breaking news, especially with an unknown co-host!

Interesting to see if this will go all afternoon.

I imagine broadcast executives, news producers & programmers got a rude awakening phone call this morning.

Nine just wrapped up at 1pm due to sporting broadcast commitments. But mentioned there is now a late news bulletin tonight scheduled after 60 Minutes.

4 Likes

Nine News special bulletin after 60 Minutes tonight.
Today Show coverage ended at 1pm

2 Likes

Today

4 Likes

… but forgot to inform southern states (VIC/SA/WA/TAS) that a national bulletin is scheduled for 5pm today. Im also surprised they haven’t kept news rolling in these states, as they have NO sporting commitments. (Very Sydney Centric Nine)

Michael Usher doing an absolute superb job over on Seven.

8 Likes

Agreed. I feel Weekend Sunrise was struggling to cover the events however. Today seemed to have more resources and news on the situation.
Probably due to a smaller staff number for Weekend Sunrise compared to the superb coverage that Sunrise puts on when events like these happen.

Once again I will say that Michael Usher really gives the 7News coverage and brand a sense of authority, credibility, great sense of communication and explanation to the audience. It really shows when he is on air no matter on what program. He’s a massive asset . Usher for 7News Sydney IMO.

8 Likes

2 Likes

Disappointing. Should have gone ahead on GEM or GO! People still want their footy fix.

2 Likes

Am I correct in assuming that Ten has no coverage at all?

Yup!

Standard…

2 Likes

Some later Seven coverage - note new super in later caps

2 Likes

And it’s exactly what the terrorists want. This is why they attack western countries.

I still remember the praise people gave Ten’s coverage of the Manchester Concert Attacks less than two weeks ago.

While it’s hardly surprising that Ten didn’t seem to have any rolling coverage this time around (being a Sunday morning/afternoon which is usually a very sleepy period for news in this country), it’s still very disappointing and also shows how committed the network really is to news over the weekend!

Hopefully Nine will have Peter Overton on board for this one, because presenting major/special news coverage is one of Pete’s major strengths (as seen with coverage of the Federal Budget, ANZAC Day, etc.)!

2 Likes

As it should be. I’m sure they’ll have comprehensive coverage on their 5pm bulletin.

1 Like

Nine cut coverage in Sydney for a Cycling Show? Couldn’t they air the Footy Show or Sports Sunday then instead?

As for Brisbane, did they air the local Qld Cup (rugby league) at 1pm?

3 Likes