Little Big Shots

Season 2 premieres Sunday August 5 at 7pm, according to a promo aired during The Front Bar tonight.

1 Like

Casting again already after the firs episode of S2 premiered last night.

Surely from the current ratings situation it isn’t wise to do another season? But of course being Seven, they’re pretty arrogant about most of their programming anyway, thinking that people will watch just because it’s Seven.

It’s cheap and can hold its own against The Block. Let’s see how other Seven and Ten shows performs opposite it.

1 Like

From memory (and I’m sure someone can look it up easily), the ratings position is the same as when the show ended last year.

Surely you didn’t expect ratings any higher than what it got?

It outrated the last three episodes that aired last season.

It is better than other programs they are pumping out recently - Yummy Mummies or Single Wives anyone???

The days of 1.5 million ratings at any level of consistency are over. Exceptions are few and far between. 700,000 for a “cheap” show is a hit these days. Also helps that it wouldnt yet have the royalty licence costs of bigger international formats like X Factor, The Voice etc which can be upwards of 20 million per year as the show ages.

1 Like

Looks like Little Big Shots is back for another season.

https://go.mycastingnet.com/Apply/Show/LittleBigShots

1 Like
1 Like

Am I the only one who thinks Shane Jacobson is just a tad overexposed atm? And all in the space of two years

How exactly is this an exclusive? The information was sourced from a publicly posted casting call, which I shared in here yesterday.

1 Like

I’m not sure the website knows the true meaning of exclusive. But I guess they are trying to sell themselves as the place to go for media news.

Sorry, but where else has it been written up as a story?

I think we’ve proven quite a few times to be a place to get exclusive stories. But feel free to snipe from the sidelines.

Not snipping at all. I can understand why you put the word exclusive in. However, I do feel you guys toot your own horn a bit and it can be a little off putting and come across as quite arrogant. However, you guys have done a fantastic job at posting news first, getting scoops and ‘exclusives’. Was the Little Big Shots story an exclusive? Probably not. Especially when the story itself says say hasn’t commented… However, I can understand why it is headlined that way.

The story hadn’t been published by any other news organisation, so I stuck an exclusive on it. Did the headline contain an element of clickbait? Probably yes.

The truth is we are competing for clicks against big publisher’s such as News Corp and Daily Mail. It’s not easy paying the bills and staying in front in this business. Personally I would prefer not to have to rely on clickbait headlines but we are ad-supported media. I can’t imagine we would get a great response if we suddenly started begging for donations or implemented a paywall.

So please keep enjoying the free, independent, occasionally cheeky TV Blackbox website and podcast. And just think of the ‘exclusives’ as our tribute to A Current Affair. :wink:

8 Likes

I appreciate your point of view and your comments. Look, maybe we do toot our own horn but sometimes you have to, right?

You’ve said some really nice things here and I appreciate the fact you’ve noticed the stories we’ve been breaking. Cheers.

2 Likes

Appreciate the honesty, and as I said previously I get why you put it in.

Haha don’t worry I am tooting my horn all the time.

3 Likes

He’s doing that other blokes on a mission special for 7 which is coming soon too.

This doesn’t really come as any surprise, 7 haven’t treated this show very well after the first season.

One show which could’ve done moderately well for them and grown YOY, and they mess around with it but pursue other absolute crap. Same old 7!

1 Like