Little Big Shots

With those ratings it could only spell disaster for them.

1 Like

Seven have removed Little Big Shots from Sunday.

Wow, absolute panic?

Had already been airing promos for this week!

What, impossible! They’ve still been airing promos for it advertising Sunday 7:00. If they have indeed removed it from the schedule then this is an absolutely insane move by Seven, probably the second worst decision this year after allowing Yummy Mummies to air :open_mouth:

4 Likes

That’s no excuse! They’ve been promoting it for so long now that I’m starting to get sick of it and I don’t want more weeks on end of seeing the same promos again until whenever this ends. Just continue to show it as planned and steal away some of Nine’s viewers of ANW who would want to watch something that kids and younger people especially would want to watch. Plus it seems wrong to advertise a start date only 2 days ago, then take it away again. Never give up without a fight I say and Seven are being gutless by doing this!

1 Like

Even though most are expecting it to rate well, if it wants to capture a similar audience to Ninja Warrior, it ain’t going to get anywhere near that going head-to-head!

Perhaps Seven are already waving the white flag for a few weeks? :hushed:

I mean, Seven may not win the next few weeks now, however it’s weekly shares will still be good (with the AFL and combined performance across the network) (i.e.) Not down at Ten’s level.

1 Like

Stupid decision. You don’t back out because of this. It shows the lack of confidence in their own show. I expect it to flop big time and for seven to have a difficult run home.

3 Likes

Deleted postI

Nine has just announced the new season of The Block will premiere on Sunday, July 30 at 7pm. So that is a great opportunity lost by Seven to generate decent ratings for Little Big Shots.

1 Like

Depending on the continued success of Ninja Warrior, Little Big Shots could premiere the following Sunday 23 July. a week ahead of The Block.

1 Like

Is/was Little Big Shots ever going to be a huge, long term ratings winner for Seven?

All attempts at primetime programs predominately featuring children on Australian TV in recent years have only rated really strongly for the first few weeks or so. Once the novelty has worn off, they’ve generally flopped in the ratings before being axed after only a season or maybe two at the very most.

Having a talent show predominately featuring children might do alright somewhere like in the 4pm after school timeslot, but do adults (other than those who are parents/relatives of children involved in the show, of course) really want to see this sort of thing on TV at 7pm on a Sunday night? I’m personally not sure about that…

3 Likes

It hasn’t been a big hit in either it’s original version in the Uk nor the US version. I am expecting it to rate at a max around 900k before dropping down into the 700-800k range.

1 Like

Is The Block going to be bigger than Ninja? Don’t think so. Little Big Shots will probably have a better chance at scoring bigger ratings against The Block than Ninja…

4 Likes

Exactly - I don’t know why then there’s people in this thread acting like this is the worst scheduling decision ever in the history of TV when it’s a perfectly logical one

2 Likes

It just shows that Seven are cowards and running away when theres a bit of competition. Can you imagine networks in other countries like the UK and the US being so reactionary and changing their schedule at the last minute?

1 Like

How is it a good scheduling decision? It shows a lack of confidence in their own show… Why would you watch this if seven don’t even have the confidence its any good.

1 Like

Maybe for some but for the majority who probably wouldn’t watch it all, it would be declared a flop and that would be the death of it.

1 Like

No but there’s many things the Australian TV industry does that isn’t done in the UK/US and vice versa.

I didn’t say it’s good decision, I said it’s a logical move. Like Australian Ninja Warrior, Little Big Shots is a ‘family friendly’ program. Since ANW (by beginning earlier) has a big, established audience - it’s safe to say that LBS probably wouldn’t have done as well going up against it as it would going up against a different type of program (ie; The Block). As JBar said, this move could be the difference between LBS doing well or being declared a ‘flop’.

One other point - it’s crazy how we dislike/complain when two networks put similiar types of programs (eg; Australian dramas) up against each other yet when such a circumstance is avoided, some complain about how ‘insane’, ‘cowardly’, ‘gutless’ and ‘stupid’ a network is for preventing that from happening…

2 Likes

I could think of nothing worse than this show. Id rather watch YM #vomit

Very valid points but ones I personally dont agree with. Firstly i dont think ninjas and a kids talent show are similar shows and secondly I don’t think a network should be scared of a show flopping if they think its a good program.