Lie With Me (formerly With Intent) (formerly Breathless)

I think it would have been smashed in the ratings with The Bachelor lead in.

1 Like

And probably cause they want to run Bachelor double episodes in the slot and don’t want this airing at 9:30pm or later.

Clap to the mod who named / renamed this thread :joy: Made me chuckle!

2 Likes

The advance schedule as posted by TV Cynic today confirms the debut of Lie with Me has been bumped.

Maybe it will be paired with The Bachelorette instead?

Now expected in Q4.

The impending return of Gogglebox also means the Thursday post-8.30 timeslot won’t be available from early September.

New Start, New Life, Same Lies.

Lie With Me.

Premieres Wednesday, 3 November At 8.30pm On 10 And 10 Play On Demand.

Lust, betrayal and deception will take centre stage when 10’s gripping new drama, Lie With Me premieres Wednesday, 3 November at 8.30pm.

Starring Charlie Brooks ( EastEnders ) and Australia’s own Brett Tucker ( McLeod’s Daughters, Neighbours ), Lie With Me will have you clinging to the edge of your seat and second-guessing the characters you thought you knew.

British woman Anna (Charlie Brooks) and her husband, Jake (Brett Tucker), relocate to his native Australia with their two small children. Haunted by mysterious events that occurred in London, Anna resumes her career and welcomes a young nanny into the house. Becky (Phoebe Roberts) seems a perfect fit, but little does Anna know, she’s hiding a sinister secret.

Desperately looking for someone to trust, and noticing her husband’s secretive behaviour and wandering eye, Anna is pushed to the brink, and sets an elaborate trap with irreversible consequences.

2 Likes

At last, four weeks without Bull triple*.

*Unless if it rates like rubbish and burned off in two weeks.

1 Like

What would we do without our Bull triple headers?

Bev mourns.

1 Like

Pretty much sums things up so far, from MediaWeek.

There is a surprising lack of publicity for the new Australian drama Lie With Me that recently topped the UK ratings. Lie With Me (Wednesday on 10) aired as an event on Channel 5 for four straight nights where it beat the BBC and ITV with an average audience of three and a half million viewers.

Now down under, Lie With Me is 10’s only new Aussie drama for 2021 and the channel seems as uninterested in the genre as Seven and Nine are. It’s almost as if commercial television wants local drama to fail. This was originally scheduled for Thursdays, then dropped and re-scheduled, and 10’s media site has never had any episodes to preview. (A lack of previews is happening far too often.)

One thing I noticed in the ads for this show, that nowhere does it mention it’s a new Australian drama - given the lead is very clearly British you’d think this would be something they’d be keen to highlight.

Australian drama is in a sad state of affairs.

4 Likes

Yes I was about to comment we have not seen promos on high rotation. They could’ve sold it as a drama event mini series as something different for November. 10 are useless. Too obsessed with the low rating bachelorette

This is Australian network television all over now. They promote their tentpole reality shows to death and let everything else wither and die. I have only seen the Lie With Me promo once so far, whereas I have seen The Bachelorette twenty times a day.

3 Likes

Very typical of Ten’s promotions, they should be smarter in scheduling their program promotions. As a viewer, I detest the over saturation of tentpole promos, particularly the long form (60-120 second) ones after you’ve already seen them a few times it becomes tedious, I often change the channel and sample something else after one program has finished but before the next one has started which happens particularly on their multi-channels.

If the show wasn’t already going to flail tonight premiering after The Bachelorette, it’s already been bumped to a 9:45pm start next week following a one off airing of Gogglebox on Wednesday due to the Socceroos game airing on the main channel on Thursday.

2 Likes

So they delay the premiere by a few months just to bump it after one week. Terrible planning and it seems they are deliberately trying to kill it’s audience.

With both 7 and 9 doing Cleo specials this will absolutely flop to the absolute bottom.

But I reckon 10 knew that all along.

It’s only 4 episodes. Heavily unlikely to get renewed ( it is an Aussie drama remember lol).

They should have just chucked it on P+.

Watching this on 10 play now, it’s not bad at all but there’s no buzz about it whatsoever. Poorly promoted and scheduled, what a shame.

Would be great if it was on P+ so it could be watched without ads, I’d also pay to watch it on 10 play if it didn’t have the giant watermark in the top right hand corner.

Dan doesn’t have high hopes, and doesn’t know the correct name either.

Megan’s a fan, but she doesn’t know the correct Channel 10 Twitter handle.

It was an abrupt start to the first episode tonight with bits of opening credits cut out. The first credits I saw were “with support from Film Victoria”. No mention of Fremantle, Network 10 or Channel 5.