Lie With Me (formerly With Intent) (formerly Breathless)

Can’t say I’m surprised by this at all.

If it got the same figures as Bull I don’t see the harm in keeping it in that slot

When your only original home grown drama on the channel of the year is thrown out as a few crumbs at the end of the year they can’t really expect anyone to watch. People need a destination for drama - a service or a slot they know they’ll find it in. The free to air commercial channels have long stopped being such a destination.

Seven, Nine and Ten all need to rethink their drama strategies, if airing four hours a year can be considered a strategy. They need to make them events like they make the reality shows events, and probably take a leaf out of ITV’s and C5’s book and air the one or two series they do have stripped across a single week at the end of the year, or over a couple of nights over a couple of weeks. Throwing them out midweek off the back of a reality show which is struggling in the ratings is not going to find it an audience.

2 Likes

They definitely should have held out another week or two as I mentioned and had this air Mon-Thur once HYBPA, Cheap Seats and Gogglebox all wrapped up for the year and promoted it as a multi night event - same as what they did in the UK.

Also a better and consistent marketing strategy as well as actually telling viewers it’s an Australian drama would be a good start too, given the lead is from the UK that may not have been obvious from the promo. They also could’ve highlighted that it’s from the same EP as neighbours for a tie-in, included it’s success in the UK too etc.

They really had nothing to lose after delaying its premiere for Aussie audiences, postponing the launch date by a few months and then launched it off the back of the flailing Bachelorette.

3 Likes

The series premieres on TVNZ1 in New Zealand this Saturday (November 27) at 8.30pm with the first two episodes. Episode 3 and 4 will then air the following Saturday (December 4) at the same time.

With the finale limping over the finish line on Wednesday night, the show is now available to binge all episodes on Paramount+.